The chicken 65 recipe is a prominent jewel of Indian cuisine. It is a simple yet delicious dish made with aromatic and flavorsome ingredients. The crispy bring red chicken tempered in dry spices is juicy, tender, spicy, and utterly delicious.
Whether it is snack time or mealtime, this chicken snack works perfectly well. Although there are several variations of this chicken recipe, the one I am going to share today is probably the most authentic. It is Hyderabadi chicken 65 recipe.
History of chicken 65
There are several myths related to the Chicken 65 recipe. Most of these myths are related to the number 65. Different people have different opinions on this number. For instance, some people say that the dish got its name because the chicken is cut into 65 pieces, while others say it’s because the chicken is 65 days old.
Moreover, some say that it gets the name because the chicken uses 65 different types of spices. If you are wondering which of these myths sounds the most logical, let me tell you there is not even a single one close enough!
The chicken 65 recipe first appeared in a hotel in Chennai. The inventor of this delicious chicken dish was the owner of the Buhari Hotel. Because the dish was invented in the year 1965, it gets its name from the year.
The hotel has come up with several different chicken dishes and variations, and they have a unique way of naming these variations on the year. So, don’t get surprised if you find chicken 78, chicken 82, or chicken 90.
Variations of Chicken 65 Recipe
Today, you will find several different versions of this dish. Some are dry like the original one, whereas others have gravy. Among all the variations, the Hyderabadi chicken 65 recipe is unique and most delicious. If you are looking for the most authentic recipe, read ahead to get it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Although most of the fried chicken contains high calories and fat, they are not very healthy. As the chicken 65 also a fried chicken, so it is like any other fried chicken. But if you make it at home with fresh oil and spices can be very healthy for you. Just follow my recipe.
The original chicken 65 is dry and it is best to taste. The gravy one also very delicious but if you want to taste the original dish then try dry recipe.
More Fried Chicken Recipes
Hyderabadi Chicken 65 Recipe ( Indian Fried Chicken)
- 1 pound (450 gram) boneless chicken, diced
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp curry leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri Red chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Roasted cumin powder
- 1 tbsp Black pepper powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup rice flour
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 4 green chilies, halved lengthwise
- 10-15 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp Black pepper powder
Marinate The Chicken
- Cut the boneless chicken breast into cubes and place it in a bowl.
- Add yogurt, ginger garlic paste, chopped curry leaves, cumin powder, red chili powder, salt, and black pepper powder.
- Mix well using your hands so that the spices coat the chicken evenly.
- Cover the bowl with clingfilm and place it in the refrigerator. Let it marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Once the chicken is marinated, remove the bowl from the refrigerator, give it a stir using your hands and add rice flour. Mix well until you get a thick and sticky batter.
Deep Fry The Chicken
- In a deep frying pan, heat oil. Once it is heated, start dropping the marinated chicken pieces one by one.
- Let the chicken pieces deep fry until it crisps up and gets a beautiful golden color.
- Remove the chicken from the frying pan and place it on a paper towel to eliminate excess oil.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, add 1½ tbsp oil.
- Once it is heated, add chopped garlic, halved green chilies, and curry leaves.
- Let the ingredients sauté till you can smell their fragrance.
- Add the fried chicken and toss so that the dry ingredients coat the chicken well.
- Sprinkle black pepper powder and mix well.
- Remove from the skillet and serve the hot chicken 65.
Leave a Reply