Learn how to make the best crispy fried chicken at home. A perfect and best-fried chicken should be flavourful and crispy. Everyone loves the crispy and spicy chicken dish.
Dip the crispy fried chicken in mayonnaise or sauces and enjoy every bite of this dish with your family and friends.
A lot of variations of this recipe found all over the world like broasted chicken, KFC chicken, Popcorn chicken, Chicken pakora, etc. But whether you want to make it at home, the recipe should be easy and all ingredients should be available easily in any grocery shop.
Crispy and crunchy chicken-fry is the best idea for a small party like birthday, anniversary, etc.
To make the perfect fried chicken recipe, it should be cooked in three steps i.e marination, coating, and deep-frying.
How much time to take for marination?
Marination is the most important step to make the best crispy fried chicken. This step makes the chicken soft, tender, and flavourful. Because all flavors of marinating spices enter into the chicken during this step. It also helps to cook the internal portion of chicken easily.
You could take a minimum of 45 minutes to 10 hours to marinate it. I mostly marinate it over the night or 6-8 hours. Most of the food companies like KFC, Broaster Chicken, etc take 6 to 10 hours to marinate chicken.
How long to cook fried chicken?
The cooking time for crispy fried chicken recipe depends on the flame, size of the chicken, and parts of the chicken. Whether you cook over a medium flame then wings and leg pieces should take 15-18 minutes, breasts and thighs take 18-22 minutes approximately. Average time to cook medium size chicken over a medium flame is approximately 18 minutes.
What should be used to coat chicken pieces for this recipe?
Better coating ingredients are required to make the best crispy fried chicken. For coating, I use mainly 2-3 types of ingredients like all-purpose flour, cornflour, breadcrumbs, etc. You should use any two of them to coat marinated chicken. Most of the cookers use these coating materials for better and spicy fried chicken.
Can I bake it?
Yes, it can be made by baking or deep-fried. I think both are good methods to cook this recipe. I tried it in both methods many times. But I had not found any differences in taste. The only difference I have found is the time of cooking. Baking takes a little bit more time as compared to deep-fried.
- Chicken thigh and drumsticks (total 6 pieces)
- Curd 2 tbsp
- Ginger-garlic paste – 2½ tbsp
- Red Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder- 1 tbsp
- Mix Herbs – 1 Tbsp (optional)
For flour Coating
- Cornflour – 1/2
- All-purpose flour – 3 cups
- Paprika – 1 tbsp
- White pepper powder – 1tbsp
- Red Chilli powder – 1 Tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Egg white – 2 pcs
- Soybean Oil – To deep fry
How to make crispy fried chicken recipe
- Take 600 grams chicken (3 drumsticks and 3 thighs) in a mixing bowl. You can take a whole chicken and cut it into 8 pieces.
- Add curd, ginger –garlic paste, red chili powder, lemon juice, salt, black pepper powder, mixed herbs, cumin powder with the chicken pieces and combine well. Keep the mixture in a refrigerator for 4 hours to marinate.
- Now, remove the marinated chicken from the refrigerator and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add 3 cups all-purpose flour, ½ cup breadcrumbs, ½ cup cornflour, paprika, white pepper, and salt. Combine all ingredients finely. The coating mixture is ready, keep it aside.
- Beat and whisk an egg in another mixing bowl.
- To prepare the coating on chicken, take one chicken piece and coat it by the coating mixture. Now dip it in the beaten egg and again coat by the coating mixture. Keep it on a plate.
- Repeat this process and coat all the chicken pieces. Make sure all sides of the chicken pieces coated finely.
- Pour cooking oil in a deep frying pan. Heat over a medium to high flame. The temperature of cooking oil should be 340F to 370F. Dip chicken pieces whether the oil heat enough. Place one by one and fry 3-4 pieces at a time.
- Stir or turn them often during cooking. Cook the chicken for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. It should be turned red-brown.
- Keep them on a kitchen paper after removing from the oil. The tissue paper will absorb excess oil from the fried chicken pieces.
- Allow them to cool down at room temperature or serve hot.
- Serve them with some salads, mayonnaise or your favorite sauces.
Best Fried Chicken Recipe
- Deep-frying pan
- mixing bowl
- 600 grams Chicken thigh and drumsticks
- 2 tbsp curd
- 2½ tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp mix herbs
- ½ cup Cornflour
- 2½ cups Allpurpose flour
- 1 tbsp mild paprika
- 1 tbsp ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 eggs white
- cooking oil to deep fry
- Season chicken pieces with curd, ginger –garlic paste, red chili powder, lemon juice, salt, black pepper powder, and mixed herbs.
- Keep the seasoned chicken in a refrigerator for 4 hours to marinate.
- Take all-purpose flour, cornflour, paprika, white pepper, and salt in a shallow pot. Combine them well.
- Take two eggs white in a mixing bowl.
- Dip marinated chicken first in the egg white then cover all sides with flour mixture.
- Pour cooking oil in a deep frying pan and heat. Dip chicken pieces when the temperature reaches 365°F.
- Fry the chicken until they cooked through. It should be cooked 10-12 minutes.
Explore more recipes