How to make Chilli Chicken: Chilli chicken is one of the best Indo-Chinese category’s fast food. It is a trendy dish in China and the Indian sub-continent. Although this is an Indo-Chinese dish, it is also trendy all over the world.
Most people don’t know the chili chicken recipe. Vegetarian people can make this dish with paneer replace of chicken that is called paneer chilli. Some people thought, it is tough to cook this dish at home. But it’s not true. It is one of the easy fried chicken recipes.
Types of Chilli Chicken
There are two different types of chilli chicken namely dry chilli chicken and gravy chilli chicken.
Chilli Chicken Recipe
- Deep-frying pan
For Marinade & Deep Fry the Chicken
- 400 gram Boneless chicken (cut into small cube or dice size),
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1½ tbsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp Corn flour
- ⅓ tbsp mild paprika
For Making Gravy With Sauces
- ½ piece capsicum, cut into square size
- 2 green chilies, sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely grated
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- ½ tbsp sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp red chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2-3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp spring onion
- salt to taste
Marinate The Chicken
- Cut boneless chicken pieces in to small cube (about 1/2 inch) or bite size.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, add chicken pieces. Now add corn flour, all purpose flour, ginger-garlic paste, salt, sugar, black pepper, paprika, vinegar and beaten egg in the bowl.
- Mix them well with the chicken pieces so that a layer made on the chicken pieces.
- Keep aside for 30-45 minutes.
- Heat enough cooking oil in a heavy bottom cooking pan for deep frying the chicken pieces.
- Check the oil heat enough by dip a small portion of better into it. If the better rises up without browning, then it is the perfect temperature.
- Now add chicken pieces one by one so that they do not stick together. Fry them over low to medium flame until golden brown (5-6 minutes approximately) then remove.
- Fry all the chicken pieces in 2-3 batches. Set them aside.
Make the chilli chicken with sauces (gravy)
- Take a mixing bowl, add 1 cup of water, soy sauce, red chilli sauce, tomato ketchup, and vinegar. Mix them well and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp cooking oil on a wok over high flame. Add chopped garlic and ginger, saute for a minute.
- Add capsicum, onion, green chilies, and spring onions in it. Stir fry until they turn slightly soft (approximately 2 minutes).
- Now its time to add the sauces that already mixed up in the mixing bowl. After adding sauces keep the flame high.
- Add fried chicken pieces when the sauce start making bubbles. The gravy is made. Toss the chicken pieces with this gravy so that it makes a coat on chicken pieces.
- Remove chicken pieces from the wok and arrange on a plate. Garnish with spring onions (green part).
- Finally, the hot and delicious "chilli chicken" is ready to serve. Serve it immedietly.
Here is the step by step making process of chilli chicken recipe-
Step 1- First of all, take a bowl and beat an egg and pour it in the bowl. Now add corn flour, all purpose flour, ginger-garlic paste, salt, sugar and in the bowl and mix them well so that they make like a paste. Now add meat pieces and mix them well so that a layer made on the flesh pieces. Set-asides this mixture for 20-30 minutes.
Step 2- After 30 minutes take a heavy bottom pan or kadai, pour 1 cup vegetable oil and heat it with a medium flame. After enough heat the oil, add chicken pieces in the oil and fry them till golden brown or cook well. Now remove fried flesh pieces on an absorbent paper to remove extra oil.
Step 3- Take 2 tsp oil in another pan or kadai and heat. Add sliced onions and saute it till light golden brown. Now add 1 tsp sliced green chilli and chopped capsicum and saute it for 2 minutes. Now add soya sauce, chilli sauce and fried chicken and mix them well. Now remove it from the kadai and garnish with green chillies.
Finally, the hot and delicious “chilli chicken recipe” is ready to serve.
You May also like: