Two Healthy Cake Recipes That Are Equally Tasty
Life gives us so many reasons to celebrate various special milestones of our and our loved one’s life. And to make the best memories we need a show-stopping cake, centering the entire special event.
Some choose to pamper their dear ones with a homemade cake, while others like to order it online from some trusted bakery, which would even extend its efficient online cake delivery or wherever they are residing. If you are in Singapore and looking for an experienced cake shop in Singapore, try to visit emicakes.com.sg. They serve cakes that you have never tasted before for your special events.
But many people are often afraid to celebrate every special occasion over creamy-sugary-sweet cakes as it makes an unhealthy addition to various celebratory occasions. For those people, we today bring some healthy cake recipes that won’t spoil the fun or eagerness looking forward to relishing a cake at parties, events, and party-like affairs.
Both of these delightful cakes are absolutely unmatched in their taste and appeal and are sure to make it the highlight of the entire event.
Healthy Chocolate Cake
A chocolate cake for a birthday or everyday cravings is an irresistible treat that brings instant happiness. Its moist and tender texture, combined with the intense flavor of chocolate, creates a sensory delight. The mere sight of a perfectly baked chocolate cake, adorned with velvety frosting, ignites anticipation. Each bite offers a symphony of cocoa, butter, and sugar, melting on the tongue and releasing a wave of decadence.
Whether it’s a simple single-layer cake or a multi-tiered masterpiece, chocolate cake satisfies the soul. It’s a universal craving, a comforting indulgence that transcends age and occasion, reminding us that life’s sweetest moments often involve chocolate.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour gluten-free,
- 1 cup granulated sweetener of choice
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup water
Let’s Start Baking
- Start by preheating the oven at 180C/350F. Line up a baking pan with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Now take a large mixing bowl and pour flour, granulated sweetener, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in it. Mix well.
- Add vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar, and unsweetened applesauce further to this batter and mix well again.
- Now pour water and combined all the ingredients well.
- Scrape out all the batter and pour it into the already prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Once the cake is made, let it cool in the cake pan itself for about 10 minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack. Your healthy version of a rich, delightful chocolate cake is ready to be served.
Healthy Flourless Tangerine Cake
- 1 pound tangerines to make about 11 1/2 ounces of puree
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups almond meal or almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp confectioner’s sugar for dusting
How to Bake Flourless Tangerine Cake
- Start by preparing a 9-inch baking pan and lining it up with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Meanwhile, wash the tangerines and put them in a saucepan covered with cold water. Bring them to a boil for about 15 minutes full.
- Now peel off the tangerines and after discarding the seeds and the skin, place them in the food processor to puree them.
- Once the tangerine puree is ready, refrigerate it for a day.
- The next day, take a bowl and beat eggs and sugar until light and creamy in it. Pour almond meal, tangerine pulp, baking powder, and confectioner’s sugar into it.
- Mix all these ingredients together until well combined. Now pour this batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Check its doneness by pricking a skewer or a toothpick.
- Once done, let the cake completely cool down for 10 minutes as you place it over a wire rack.
- Dust some confectioner’s sugar and garnish the cake with some fresh lemon zest. Your tangerine cake is ready to be served.
So, these were two healthy cake recipes that are absolutely worthy of giving a try. Make sure you bake these healthy cakes whenever you are in the mood to surprise someone or when you are craving something sweet yet healthy.
You can even choose to substitute some ingredients like sugar, oil, butter, or flour with their healthier alternatives. For instance, applesauce, honey, maple syrup, jaggery can be used in place of sugar and refined flour with whole wheat flour. You can try to bake these cakes by giving them your own healthy twist too.
So, let’s not give any more silly excuses to keep us away from the cake when it comes to celebrating love and life. With these healthier cake options put on the table, people will be able to prioritise their health and happiness more than their calories. So, we would say give it a try!