4 September, 2019
Healthy Chicken Pakora Recipe – Restaurant Style Chicken Pakoda
Hello reader, if you are an Indian food lover then you must like Kolkata,s famous street food, “chicken pakora”. It is a very popular street food in Kolkata and India. For its crispy taste, it is also very popular all over the world where Indian peoples live. Healthy & Crispy chicken pakora taste with tomato sauce and green chili sauce to make it more delicate. The price of chicken pakora in India is around 1 to 2$ per plate (5 pieces). But you can easily make this yummy dish at your own kitchen. If you want to make it at your home then here is the best “kolkata style chicken pakora recipe” for you.
Healthy Chicken Pakora
- 250 grams Fresh boneless chicken strips or cubes
- 1 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tbsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tbsp ground all spices (garam masala)
- 1/4 tbsp turmeric powder
- salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup cornflour
- 1/2 cup rice flour (all-purpose flour)
- 1 piece egg
- 1 tbsp sliced green chili
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- Calories: 500 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 50 grams
- Protein – 100 grams
- Fat- 40 grams
- Sodium- 400mg
- Calcium- 250mg
- Iron – 2 mg
- Vitamins- vitamin A, B, D & K
Add some salads, tomato sauce, and green sauce during serving to double the taste. You may serve hot pakora with a cup of hot masala tea.
You may also like these recipes
- How to Make Chicken Curry
- How to make Paneer Chilli at home
- Indian Chilli Chicken Recipe
- KFC Fried Chicken Recipe (Copycat)
- Indian Spicy Egg Curry Recipe
- Pressure Cooker Fried Chicken
How to make Restaurant Style Chicken Pakora at home
1.cut chicken into 3-4 inch strip or cube size
2.wash chicken pieces very well by freshwater the drained off water
3. Now take chicken pieces in a medium-size bowl.
4. Add ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, coriander powder, all spices powder, turmeric powder, lemon juice, and salt with it then mix them well.
5. Then add egg white and mix it.
6. Now add cornflour, rice flour, and again mix them well.
7.finally, add chopped coriander leaves and 2 teaspoon vegetable oil and mix them. Make the mixture thick for better cooking.
8. Now leave the mixture up to 1-1½ hour for marination.
Heat enough oil in a deep frying pan or kadhai. Check the heat of the oil by dropping a small portion of dough. If the dough rises up slowly without browning then regulate the flame to medium.
Now add chicken pieces one by one into the hot oil and stir them up and down. Fry the chicken pieces until golden brown or up to 10-12 minutes.
Take out one chicken piece to check proper fry. Taste it, if proper fry is done then take out all the chicken pieces and keep those on a kitchen paper to absorb extra oil.
Now your favorite chicken pakoda is ready to serve. Serve hot crispy chicken pakoda with green chili sauce, tomato sauce, and salads.
Chicken & all spices mixture should be thick. Don’t add extra water if not required.
Don’t add it in very hot oil because it will turn brown without proper cooking inside of chicken pieces.
Stir them well so that they cook all sides properly.
You may add food color for better color.
To make this recipe special fry it again for 2 minutes before serving.
Watch step by step preparation & cooking process of healthy chicken pakora recipe.
Add all spices powder, salt, lemon juice, and egg white then mix them. For better color combination you may add food color.
Now add cornflour and all-purpose flour and keep it 1-1½ hour for marination.
Take 2 cups or enough oil in a frying pan for deep frying.
Remove the chicken pieces and keep them on a tissue paper to remove extra oil.
Now you can serve the healthy chicken pakoda with your favourite ketchup and salads.
Watch the video of this Pakora recipe.
Please comment us after making this Kolkata,s restaurant Style healthy pakora chicken recipe at your home and tell us how was the taste?