Hello reader, if you are an Indian food lover then you must like India,s famous street food, “chicken pakora”. It is a very popular street food in Kolkata and all over India.
For its crispy taste, it is also very popular all over the world wherever Indian people live. Healthy & Crispy chicken pakora taste with tomato sauce and green chili sauce to make it more delicate. The price of chicken pakora in India is around 1 to 2$ per plate (5 pieces). But you can easily make this yummy dish in your own kitchen.
If you want to make it at your home then here is the best “Kolkata style chicken pakoda recipe” for you.
More Chicken Recipes
- Indian Chilli Chicken Recipe
- KFC Fried Chicken Recipe (Copycat)
- Indian Spicy Egg Curry Recipe
- Pressure Cooker Fried Chicken
Preparation For Chicken Pakora Recipe
Wash chicken pieces and take them in a pan for mixing spices and marination.
Add all spices powder, salt, lemon juice, and egg white then mix them. For a better color combination, you may add food color.
Now add cornflour and all-purpose flour and keep it 1-1½ hours for marination.
Take 2 cups or enough oil in a frying pan for deep frying.
Put chicken pieces one by one in the hot oil. Fry them until red.
Remove the chicken pieces and keep them on tissue paper to remove extra oil.
Now you can serve the healthy chicken pakoda with your favorite ketchup and salads. Go ahead for the recipe cards and Details.
Healthy Chicken Pakora
- 250 grams Fresh boneless chicken strips or cubes
- 1 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tbsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tbsp ground all spices (garam masala)
- 1/4 tbsp turmeric powder
- salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup cornflour
- 1/2 cup rice flour (all-purpose flour)
- 1 piece egg
- 1 tbsp sliced green chili
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- Cut chicken into 1-inch cube size. Wash chicken pieces very well by freshwater then drain off.
- Take chicken pieces in a medium-size bowl. Add ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, coriander powder, all spices powder, turmeric powder, lemon juice, and salt with it then mix them well. Add egg white and mix again.
- Now add cornflour, rice flour, and again mix them well.
- Finally, add chopped coriander leaves and 2 teaspoon vegetable oil and mix them. Make the mixture thick for better cooking.
- Now leave the mixture up to 1-1½ hour for marination.
- Heat enough oil in a deep frying pan or kadhai. Check the heat of the oil by dropping a small portion of the dough. If the dough rises up slowly without browning then regulate the flame to medium.
- Now add chicken pieces one by one into the hot oil and stir them up and down. Fry the chicken pieces until golden brown or up to 8-10 minutes.
- Take out one chicken piece to check properly fry or not. Taste it, if proper fry is done then take out all the chicken pieces and keep those on a kitchen paper to absorb extra oil.
- Now your favorite chicken pakoda is ready to serve. Serve hot crispy chicken pakoda with green chili sauce, tomato sauce, and salads.
- Chicken & all spices mixture should be thick. Don’t add extra water if not required.
- Don’t add it in very hot oil because it will turn brown without proper cooking inside of chicken pieces.
- Stir them well so that they cook all sides properly.
- You may add food color for better color.
- To make this recipe special fry it again for 2 minutes before serving.
You may also like
Please comment us after making this restaurant-style healthy pakora chicken recipe at your home and tell us, How delicious it was!!!