KFC or Kentucky Fried Chicken is very famous for it,s unique and delicious chicken recipes all over the world. But do you know, why all the recipes of KFC are very delicious and unique? Because KFC uses some special and unique methods to make their recipes. They use 15 secret spices in their recipes.
“KFC Fried Chicken” is the most favorite food item in every region of the world. But if you want to make it at home, you have to know the recipe for this dish. In this blog, we will reveal, how does KFC makes its special copycat fried chicken?.
It is not very hard to make the original KFC-style crispy fried chicken at home. In this blog, I will show you step by step making process of the “KFC style crispy fried chicken recipe”.
Which spices are used in KFC fried chicken?
KFC uses eleven secret spices in their fried chicken recipes. But they never reveal their secret spices and cooking process. If you have,t found all these spices then use mixed herbs to replace them. Here is the list of those secret spices.
- onion powder
- celery salt
- black pepper
- dried mustard
- garlic salt
- ground ginger
- white pepper
You may also like:
- KFC Style Chicken Popcorn
- Chicken Pakora Recipe
- Broasted Chicken recipe
- Instant pot fried chicken
- Chicken Cutlet Recipe
KFC Fried Chicken Recipe
- Deep-frying pan
- 500 grams chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup buttermilk (If buttermilk not available then use 4 tbsp curd with 1/2 cup of water.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp cornflour
- 4 tbsp corn flakes (powdered)
- 1 beaten egg
- ¼ cup milk
- oil for deep fry
- 1 tbsp pepper powder
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic powder or paste
- 1 tbsp garam masala or ground all spices
- 1 tbsp paprika or Kashmiri chili powder
- 1 tbsp mix herb
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- salt to taste
- Take buttermilk or Curd in a bowl. If you use curd then add 1/2 cup water to it.
- Wash the chicken pieces with water and drain off water. Dip them in buttermilk.
- Keep it in a refrigerator over the night or at least 4 hours to marinate. This process makes chicken pieces soft and limp.
- After the marination, remove the chicken from the refrigerator and drain buttermilk. Keep it aside.
- Beat an egg and pour it in a bowl. Add ¼th cup of milk with it. Mix them well and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Combine all-purpose flour, cornflour, corn flakes powder, bread crumbs, mix-herbs, and garam masala in another bowl.
- Now sink the chicken pieces in the egg-milk mixture. Wet all sides of the chicken pieces with this liquid then transfer it to the flour-spices mixture to coat them.
- Coat all sides with this mixture. For extra crispy and crunchy dip the chicken in the egg mixture again and stuck flour-spice mixture again.
- Now let chicken pieces rest for 4-5 minutes to set the crust. Shake off all the chicken pieces to remove the extra dry crust.
- Take a heavy bottom deep frying pan or kadhai and pour enough cooking oil for deep frying. Heat it over a medium flame.
- Check the temperature by drop a small portion of the wet mixture in the oil. If it rises without browning then the temperature is perfect to fry.
- Drop the chicken pieces one by one in the hot oil. Stir often and fry all sides evenly. Keep the flame medium and fry until they turn golden-brown.
- Remove and keep on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve the fried chicken with your favorite sauces and salads. Now taste it after dipping in mayonnaise.
- Marinade the chicken drumsticks with buttermilk.
- Coating marinated chicken.
- Deep fry coated chicken until crisp.
Notes about KFC fried chicken recipe:
- Stir chicken pieces up and down when frying so that all sides of the chicken pieces cook perfectly.
- During marination mix enough amount of salt otherwise it could be tasteless.
- Don,t over fry the chicken pieces. Before removing from the frying pan make sure all sides are cooked well.
I hope, now you can easily make this KFC-style chicken recipe at your home. Please comment after making this dish at your home and tell us, how was the taste?