23 September, 2019
Healthy Chicken Cutlet Recipe || Easy Chicken Cutlets
Easy and healthy chicken cutlet recipe: Cutlet is a crispy and crunchy chicken recipe. They are made by boneless and shredded chicken. These are also called chicken patties or chicken Tikki.
It’s a type of fission chicken recipe. Although chicken patties are made by deep or shallow fry, nevertheless it is different from other fried chicken recipe. You can bake them in oven also.
Some days ago I had shared instant pot fried chicken recipe. You may check that recipe.
There are different ways to make “healthy chicken cutlets”. But today I am sharing two easy and different making style of chicken cutlet recipe. In the first method we make chicken tikki with mashed potato and in the second cooking method we don,t use any potato.
In chicken cutlet recipe with potato, we use mashed potato for binding purpose. But in the second case, we use cornflour and breadcrumbs for binding purpose replace of mashed potato.
How to make crispy chicken tikki?
To make crispy chicken patties you should make them thin. Thin chicken cutlets are always easy to make crunchy. We always use panko breadcrumbs to make them super crispy. You should take care about the temperature during cooking or baking. Frying or baking temperature should not be exceed 400°F.
Can I cook cutlets by baking?
If you have an oven then you can cook healthy cutlets by baking. To make baked and chicken cutlets easily, you have to preheat the oven at 375°F then place them in it. Cook them for 10 minutes then flip and cook another sides for 8 minutes.
Before place the patties in the oven, spray olive oil over them. Also spray oil on the tray where cutlets will be placed. Broil for the last 2 minutes to make the chicken patties super crispy.
Chicken Cutlets with Mashed potato
In this healthy chicken cutlets recipe, we usually use boiled and finely mashed potatoes and some spices. We also use breadcrumbs and egg to coat them and make the cutlets crispy. So let’s get started.
- Boneless chicken ½ kg
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder 1tsp
- Ground all spices (garam masala) 1tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Finely chopped green chili 2-3 pieces or as per your taste
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Cooking oil
- 3 medium-size finely chopped onion (2 for the first step and 1 for the second step)
- Finely chopped ginger 1 tsp
- Garlic 1 tsp (finely chopped)
- Black pepper ½ tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves one hand full
- 3 medium-size boiled potato (finely mashed)
- 3 beaten egg
- Bread crumbs 2 cups
How to make chicken cutlet easily
- Take boneless chicken pieces and cut them into small cubed size. Grind them in a food grinder machine and keep them aside.
- Heat 2 tsp cooking oil in a heavy bottom skillet. Add 1 tsp cumin seeds in the hot oil and sauté them until get red.
- Now add chopped onions sauté them until light red.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, red chilli powder, ground all spices, chopped ginger-garlic, coriander powder, chopped green chilli, and mix them well. Sauté this mixture for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, take the grinded chicken and add to the saucepan. Cook this for 15 minutes with low to medium flame. Remember, don’t add water.
- When it is cooked well then mashed it lightly. Sprinkle black pepper powder and chopped coriander leaves. Mix them well then turn off the flame.
- In a big bowl add mashed potato, one-piece finely chopped onion, salt, some chopped coriander leaves, and the cooked chicken then blend them.
- Divide this chicken mixture into 20 equal-sized balls then shape them into round discs or patty.
- Beat 3 eggs in a medium-size bowl. Sprinkle some salt and one pinch pepper powder. Whisk it then keep aside.
- In a plate take 2 cups breadcrumbs and add salt, one pinch chat masala, one pinch garam masala then blend them.
- Dip the chicken patties in the egg then coat with breadcrumbs. Repeat this process for two times to make the coat thick and to make the cutlets more crunchy.
- Keep these cutlets in a refrigerator for 10 minutes to fix the coating well.
- Heat 1 cup oil in a skillet for deep frying. Place cutlets one after another in the frying pan after sufficient heat the oil.
- Cook the cutlets over medium flame until golden brown. Stir them often so that all sides of the cutlets cooked well.
- You can be deep fry or shallow fry the cutlets as per your choice. If sallow fry, then fry them over a low flame with drizzle oil so that they cooked evenly from the inside.
- Now serve the healthy homemade chicken cutlets with bread and tomato ketchup. Add some salads for more variations.
Explore our other chicken recipes
Healthy Chicken Cutlets Recipe
- food grinder
- 500 grams boneless chicken
- 2 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp finely chopped green chili
- 1 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 5 tbsp cornflour
- salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder (ground all-spices)
- 1 tbsp pepper powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Take chicken breast or boneless chicken in a pressure cooker. Boil it with water for 4-5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and remove the chicken from the pressure cooker. Split the chicken into very small size by hand then mash them finely.
- Now add chopped onion, chopped green chili, ginger-garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, black pepper, finely chopped coriander leaves, 1 beaten egg, cornflour 3tsp, and 4 tbsp breadcrumbs with the mashed chicken and mix them well by hand.
- After finely mix them, add 2 tbsp vegetable oil, cornflour 2 tsp, and salt 1½ tsp and mix then again. Make this chicken mixture like dough so that you can easily make chicken patties
- Creat 20-22 lemon size balls from this chicken cutlet mixture then make them patties sized.
- Whisk two eggs in a bowl and take 1 cup breadcrumbs in another pot.
- Take approximately 400 ml cooking oil in a deep frying pan and heat oil over moderate flame.
- Sufficient heat of the oil, take chicken cutlets and dip them first in the beaten egg then coating with breadcrumbs and finally dip in the hot oil. Cook them over low to medium flame until they cooked well (until red-brown).
- Churn them often so that they cook well both sides. Remove these cutlets from the frying pan and keep on a absorb paper to remove excess oil from them.
- Finally, your chicken cutlet recipe is ready to serve. Sprinkle a little chat masala and serve them hot with ketchup and enjoy.
- Whether you want to make the cutlets more crispy and crunchy then deep fry them.
- Coating of breadcrumbs should be thick to make it crisper.
Watch the video of this easy cutlet recipe to make them perfect.
You may also like
- Best Indian Chicken Curry Recipe
- How to make Paneer Chilli at Home
- Indian Chilli Chicken Recipe
- KFC style Fried Chicken Recipe (Copycat)
- Indian Spicy Egg Curry Recipe