Craving Chinese-style shrimp fried rice? Well, we have a better option than ordering one! Try this amazingly delicious and super easy Instant pot shrimp fried rice recipe, and I bet you will fall in love with it!
Shrimp fried rice vs. chicken fried rice
The batter of seafood vs. poultry is quite hot all the time. There are two types of people, one who love seafood and one who doesn’t. There is nothing in-between. It’s a black and white zone. No space for the grey area.
Chicken fried rice is probably the most common type of Chinese-style rice. When you don’t have anything else to make or eat, you go for chicken fried rice. It is a simple dish that is jam-packed with flavors. Everyone loves it!
But not many people know that you can make fried rice using shrimp as well. If you are a seafood lover, you should try this shrimp-fried rice recipe. Shrimp fried rice is delicious, easy to cook, and has the oceanic flavor we all crave.
Can I cook shrimp fried rice in a pressure cooker?
Where instant pot is quite a popular kitchen gadget these days, you can also use a pressure cooker for this dish. Pressure cooked shrimp fried rice taste just as if they are cooked in the instant pot. Furthermore, you can follow the recipe for pressure cooking as well. You just have to cook it on high pressure until you get three whistles.
Cooking Steps to Make Shrimp fried Rice in Instant Pot
Scramble eggs: For cooking this shrimp fried rice in an instant pot, first we need to scramble two eggs in the instant pot. Remove the scrambled egg and set it aside.
Saute Shrimps: After scrambling the eggs, stir fry the shrimps until golden color, then set aside.
Stir fry the veggies: Now add the veggies like diced carrot, frozen peas, French beans, etc. Stir fry them until fragrance comes out, then remove. Can be added more veggies like broccoli, Cauliflower, etc.
Saute Onion and Garlic: Now sauté onions and garlic until translucent.
Cook rice with fried ingredients: Now add rinsed rice and give a quick stir with garlic onions. Return all the fried ingredients like eggs, shrimp, and veggies to the instant pot. Mix them well and add water. Seal the lid and cook the rice.
Final step: After cooking the rice, open the instant pot lid and add soy sauce and oyster sauce. On saute mode again, warm up the rice and quickly stir the fried rice to mix the sauces evenly.
If you are looking for a simple yet tasteful and easy instant pot shrimp fried rice recipe, we have just the right one for you. Read ahead to find out!
More Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot Shrimp Fried Rice
- 1 cup cup white basmati rice, rinsed and drained well
- ½ pound shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, diced
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ⅓ tsp mild paprika
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1½ cup water
- Select sauté mode in an instant pot and add a tablespoon of oil.
- In a bowl, add two eggs and whisk. Pour the egg in the hot oil and sauté. Once done, remove from the instant pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, add diced carrot, frozen peas, and cook for a minute or two, then add paprika and black pepper. Mix them and cook until they are thawed, and fragrance come out. Remove them from the instant pot and set them aside.
- Add a tablespoon of oil, and add shrimps. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes until they get a beautiful pink color. Remove the shrimps and set them aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil, and add onion. Sautee until it turns translucent.
- Next, add chopped garlic to it and sauté for a minute or two.
- Now add rinsed and drained rice and give a quick stir.
- Add sauteed shrimps, finely diced carrots, salt, and water.
- Mix well and seal the instant pot with the lid.
- Select manual cooking and cook the rice for about 6 minutes at high pressure. Once the time is up, let release the pressure naturally, don’t release it manually. It can takes 10-15 minutes for releasing the pressure.
- You can also select the rice option for cooking the rice. In this case it can takes 12 minutes for cooking and 5-6 minutes for releasing the pressure.
- Select cancel and open the lid.
- Set the saute mode again on the instant pot just warm up the fried rice. Now add soy sauce and oyster sauce, mix well to coat the rice with the sauces.
- Turn off the instant pot and transfer the fried rice on a plate for serving.
You may aslo like