Breaded Chicken breast is a quick and easy recipe to make for dinner. Chicken breasts are breaded in parmesan, egg, and panko bread crumbs, then pan fried until golden brown!
If you want to make something delicious and homemade for dinner within a short time, this is the perfect recipe for you.
This parmesan breaded chicken breasts recipe takes only 15-20 minutes to make and can be served with so many different sides.
What is Parmesan Based Breaded Chicken Breast?
This is a simple chicken breast dish that’s breaded in parmesan cheese and crispy bread crumbs, and pan fried or baked until crispy and golden brown.
Slice a chicken breast in half through the middle, to get a thin and flat piece of chicken.
This is mainly a pan fried chicken dish but can be baked in oven. If you’re looking for a deep fried option, then try this deep fried chicken tender instead.
The main advantage of this recipe is that it’s one of the fastest meals you can prepare because chicken breasts cook up very fast.
How to make this dish?
It is very simple to cook breaded chicken. You just need few ingredients in this dish like parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, dried basils, minced garlic, egg, black pepper, etc.
You just need seasoning the chicken tender with black pepper, kosher salt, and garlic salt.
Before starting the seasoning, the first thing I like to do is whip out a zester, instead of a grater, to cut out the parmesan cheese.
By zesting instead of grating, it gives a very lighter texture, so it sticks to the chicken breasts very well.
Dip the seasoned chicken tender in the parmesan cheese then into the beaten egg. Shake off excess parmesan before dipping into the egg.
Finally, dip the chicken in the panko breadcrumbs. Once the chicken breasts are breaded, ready to fry. Pan fry them in olive oil or any vegetable oil for 6-7 minutes.
You can check out our best chicken strips recipe without buttermilk also.
Breaded Chicken Breast
- 3 shallow pot
- 4 chicken breasts (1.25 lb approx)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp dried basils
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- ½ tbsp kosher salt
- salt to taste
- ½ cup olive oil for pan frying
- Place the chicken on a cutting board and season them both sides well with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Set them aside.
- Now it's time to breaded the chicken breasts. Set out three shallow pots side by side.
- Beat two eggs in one pot and whisk well after adding kosher salt. Take zested parmesan cheese in the 2nd pot.
- In the 3rd pot blend panko breadcrumbs with dried basil leaves, and a pinch of black pepper.
- Take out the seasoned chicken, dip them first in the parmesan cheese. Shake off excess then dip them into the egg.
- Finally, dip the chicken into the breadcrumbs, coat both sides. Now they are ready to fry.
- Heat a large and flat skillet over medium heat, add enough cooking oil for pan frying. The bottom of the skillet should be coated with oil.
- When the oil heat enough, dip the breaded chicken into the oil. Cook each side for 4-5 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from the skillet and place on a kitchen paper. Enjoy.
- shake off the excess parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs during each step of coating to prevent the breading from falling off later.
- Turn the flame to low if the breadcrumbs turn brown very first during frying otherwise they are browned without cook inside properly.
More Chicken Recipes
Leave a Reply