24 November, 2018
KFC Fried Chicken Recipe (Copycat)
KFC Style Fried Chicken Recipe
KFC, or Kentucky Fried Chicken is very famous for it,s unique and delicious food recipes in the whole world. But do you know, why all recipes of KFC is very delicious and unique? Because KFC uses some special and unique method to make their recipes. KFC, s Fried chicken recipe is one of the most favorite food of the people. In this blog, I discuss how does KFC make their special copycat fried chicken. It is not very hard to make the original KFC style fried chicken recipe. In this blog I will show you step by step making process of KFC style fried chicken recipe.
Important Facts to Make Fried Chicken:
- Level: Easy
- Total Time: 1 Hour
- Preparation Time: 50 min
- Cooking Time: 20 min
- Total Piece: 5/6 (500grms)
- Calories Per piece: 225 Kcal
Ingredients Required to Cook KFC Style Fried Chicken Recipe:
- Chicken drumstick 500 grams or fillets
- Buttermilk 1 cup ( You can use 4 tsp curd if buttermilk not available. But use 1 cup water to the buttermilk and mix it well.)
- All-purpose flour 1-1/2 cup
- Corn flour 4 tbsp
- Cornflakes 4 tbsp (finely powder it by mixer grinder)
- 1 egg, large
- Milk 1/4th cup
- Oil for deep fry
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 2 Tsp ginger powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground all spices or garam masala
- 1 tsp paprika or Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- salt as tested
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
How to Make KFC Style Fried Chicken:
- Take buttermilk or Curd in a bowl.
- Wash the chicken pieces with water and drain off all excess water. Now add it into the buttermilk.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for overnight or at least 4 hours. This process makes chicken soft and limp.
- After this process drains off the buttermilk from chicken and set aside.
- Beat an egg and pour it in a bowl and add 1/4th cup milk with it. Mix them well and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Now take all purpose flour, corn flour, corn flakes powder, bread crumbs and all spices in another bowl, mix them well.
- Sink the chicken pieces in the egg-milk mixture. Wet all sides of the chicken pieces by this mixture then transfer it to the flour-spice mixture. Coat all sides by this mixture. For extra crispy and crunchy dip the chicken in the egg mixture again and then stuck flour-spice mixture again. Now let chicken pieces rest for 4-5 minutes to dry the crust. now shake off all chicken pieces to remove extra crust.
How to make Crispy Fried Chicken:
Take a heavy bottom pan or kadai and pour enough cooking oil, heat it by medium flame. Check the temperature by drop small portion of the wet mixture. If the temperature is ready then drop chicken pieces one by one in the oil. Fry them on medium flame until the colour change to golden brown. Fry all sides and then remove, keep on paper to remove extra oil. Now serve the fried chicken with your favorite ketchup.
You may also like: