Hello friends, I am Mahuya, and today I am sharing the yummy chicken recipe called Broasted chicken. “Broasted Chicken” is one of the most popular chicken recipe in the United States and Europian country. It is also popular in North America, Brazil, Mexico, Pakistan, Sweden, etc. country.
Although Broasted chicken is a trademark of Broaster company and it is a secret recipe of this company. However, I will reveal this secret recipe in this recipe post. After reading this blog, you will make Broasted chicken recipe at your home quickly.
What is Broasted Chicken?
It is complicated to say about broasted chicken within a sentence. Actually, it is a type of fried chicken. But the main difference from any other fried chicken is that in this cooking method chicken is cooked in a closed frying pan like a pressure cooker called Broasting machine. By this cooking process chicken pieces first marinated in the refrigerator then coated with spices and all-purpose flour and then fried in a Broasting pot. As the Broaster pot work like a pressure cooker that is why some times it is also called pressure cooker fryer or pressure fryer. This recipe was invented by the company Broaster and it is the trademark of Broaster company.
Difference between broasted chicken and ordinary fried chicken?
Usually, fried chicken is fried in an open frying pan like a skillet or dip frying pan, deep frying pan, etc but broasted chicken always fries in a Broaster pan or pressure cooker. In the Broasting method inner portion of chicken cook easily and internal parts of chicken pieces softer than regular fried chicken.
Can I make Broaster chicken in an Instant pot?
Simple answers, yes. Whether you want to make Broasted fried chicken in instant pot then you have to set the temperature of instant pot at 375°F. Afterward pour cooking oil and dip-coated chicken in it. Pressure cook the chicken approximately 12-15 minutes then open the lid and release pressure.
Important Recipe information
- Calories Per piece: 350 Kcal
- Cooking level: medium
- Cooking time – 8-10 minutes
- Cuisine type- American cuisine
- Total Piece: 8 pieces (1 kg)
- Recipe Servings: 4/5
You may also like our other chicken recipes
- Healthy Chicken Pakora Recipe
- Best Indian Chicken Curry Recipe
- Indian Chilli Chicken Recipe
- KFC Fried Chicken Recipe (Copycat)
Ingredients Required :-
1.Chicken 1 kg (cut it into eight pieces)
2.All-purpose flour 2 cups
3.Turmeric powder ½ tsp
4.Red chili powder ½ tsp
5.food color ¼ tsp
6. One egg white
7. Ginger garlic powder 2 tsp
8. Black pepper powder 1 tsp
9. Buttermilk 1 liter
10. Salt to taste
You may add 1 tsp ground all spices (garam masala)
How to make this recipe-
Follow the instructions below to broast chicken at your kitchen.
- At first, cut a whole chicken into eight pieces then wash all the pieces very well by freshwater. Drain off all water from the chicken pieces.
- Now take 1-liter buttermilk in a container and sink all the chicken pieces into it. Close the jar and keep it in a refrigerator for 8 to 12 hours for marination. Remember, marinating time not exceed 24 hours.
- After complete marination process, remove the chicken pieces from the refrigerator and drain off the buttermilk. Make sure all excess buttermilk drained off perfectly.
- Now take all the spices (Turmeric powder, red chili powder, food color, ginger-garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and ground all spices) in a bowl and mix them well. Add this mixture on all sides of the chicken pieces.
- Take another two bowls and add all-purpose flour in one bowl and egg white in another. Dip all the chicken pieces in egg white one by one then coated with all-purpose flour. All sides are coated perfectly by all-purpose flour.
- Now take all the pieces in a tray and covered with a plastic paper. Keep the chicken tray in a refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour but do not exceed 12 hours. Exceeding 12 hours could result in a dark coating when cooked. After this process, remove the chicken pieces from the refrigerator.
- Take a Broaster (pressure fryer) and heat cooking oil in it at 360F degree temperature. If Broaster is not available, then use a pressure cooker for frying.
- Dip all the chicken pieces one by one in hot cooking oil and then close the pressure cooker. Cook it with medium flame up to 7-8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes open the pressure cooker and take one chicken piece out. Check it perfectly cooked or not. If it cooked perfectly then remove all the pieces from cooker or Broaster.
- Keep them on a kitchen paper to absorb extra oil. After five minutes, you can serve your favorite broasted chicken.
- Don,t over marinate the chicken pieces. Do not over fry the chicken pieces. Fry 7-8 minutes then open the pressure cooker and check it. If you cook this in a Broaster then set the temperature approximately 360° F.
- Try to keep the flame medium to cook it perfectly.
Is broasted chicken healthy?
We know that most of the restaurant use unhealthy and used cooking oil to make fried chicken or broasted chicken. That is why fried chicken is not a good healthy recipe. But compared to regular fried chicken Brosting chicken is more healthy because it is perfectly cooked by pressure fryer. That is why it is easy to digest. If you make this recipe at your home with fresh cooking oil then obviously it will be a perfect healthy recipe for your family.
Thank you for reading this recipe. I hope you will make it in your home for your family. Please comment us after making “Broasted chicken recipe” at your home and tell us, how was the experience?
Broasted Chicken Recipe
- Broasting pot or Pressure cooker
- 3 Bowl
- Plastic paper
- 1 KG Chicken (cut it into eight pieces)
- 2½ Cups All-purpose flour
- ½ tbsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tbsp Red chili powder
- 1 egg (white portion)
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic powder or paste
- 1 tbsp black pepper powder
- 1 litre buttermilk
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp ground all spices optional
- Wash chicken pieces by freshwater then drain.
- Take buttermilk in a container, dip chicken pieces in it. Close the lid of the container and keep in a refrigerator for 4-8 hours to marinate.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator after marination and drain.
- Sprinkle all the spices and mix well with the chicken pieces.
- Whisk an egg in a mixing bowl and add all-purpose flour on a shallow pot.
- Dip chicken pieces in the egg white then coat with all-purpose flour.
- Heat cooking oil in a Broaster pot or pressure cooker at 360°F. Dip chicken pieces in it and close the lid. Cook 8-10 minutes then remove.
Watch step by step making process of broasted chicken-
Take washed chicken pieces in a jar and sink them in buttermilk. Close the pot and keep it in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours for marination.
After marination drain off all buttermilk from the chicken pieces.
Mix all types of spices in this bowl and Coated the chicken pieces with this mixture.
Beat the egg in a pot and take all-purpose flour in another pan. Now the chicken pieces first dip in egg then coated with all-purpose flour. After coated all pieces keep them in a fridge for minimum 1-2 hour to set it well.
Heat oil in a pressure cooker or pressure fryer and dip these pieces one by one then close the lid of the pressure cooker.
After 7-8 minutes, open the lid and check one piece. If it is cooked well then, remove them and keep on a tissue paper to absorb extra oil.
Now enjoy your favorite & healthy Broasted chicken with your favorite sauces and salads or as you like.
You may also check these chicken recipe also
- Chicken Egg Roll – How to Make Chicken Egg roll
- KFC Style Popcorn Chicken
- Chicken Bhuna Recipe
- Two Easy Ways to Make Chicken Cutlets