6 December, 2019
Chicken Egg Roll Recipe- How to Make Chicken Roll
“Learn how to make flavourful Chicken egg roll recipe at home. The chicken egg roll is an Indian starter. It is very popular street food in India, especially in Kolkata. All over the world different types of chicken roll available but this is the special one which made with chapatti or paratha and cooked chicken.”
You may also like these recipes
A soft dough is prepared to make the paratha or chapati. Then the paratha is cooked and coating with egg. Cucumber, onion, and carrot are used with cooked chicken to fill the role. To make it tasty and flavourful tomato ketchup and mustard sauces are used.
Preparation of Chicken egg roll is like usual egg roll recipe. Shredded and cooked chicken is used to fill this roll. Please follow all the instructions below to make this recipe easily.
Chicken Egg Roll
- Flat frying pan
- Boiling pot
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- water to make dough
For cooking chicken
- 200 grams chicken breast or boneless chicken
- ½ tbsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp Garam masala or ground all spices
- ½ tbsp minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic (grated or minced)
- ½ tbsp red chili powder
- 2 pieces green chili chopped
- salt to taste
- ½ tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 piece medium size onion chopped
For fillings the rolls
- 3 pieces eggs
- 1 piece small size cucumber sliced
- 1 piece small size carrot sliced
- ½ cup tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp mustard sauce
- 1 piece sliced onion
Making Chapati or Paratha
- In a mixing bowl add 2 cups flour, 2 tbsp oil, salt, and water. Combine them and make a soft dough. Use 1 tbsp oil on the outer surface of the dough and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Take the dough and divide it into 3 portions. Make every piece like a ball by pressing hands.
- Place them on a flat area and use a rolling pin to shape them flatten. Use dry flour if it sticks to the roller. Make them flat and big round size.
- Heat a Tawa over medium flame, place one chapatti. Flip over a couple of times to cook both sides. While it starts to puff and makes little brown spot then remove from the Tawa. Repeat the method and cook all the pieces. Keep these aside.
- Boiled the chicken breast for 5 minutes then drain off water. Shredded chicken into very small pieces by hand or knife.
- Heat a skillet over medium flame, add 3 tsp oil. Add ginger-garlic, sliced onion, sauté them for a couple of minutes. Now add shredded chicken and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt, black pepper powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and garam masala powder, mix them well. Shallow fry them for 3-4 minutes then pour 1 tbsp dark soya sauce.
- Mix well then remove from the skillet. Keep it aside.
Making chicken egg roll
- Take an egg and beat in a bowl. Whisk it with salt, finely chopped onion and green chili.
- Place a Tawa or flat large frypan over low to medium flame. Add 2-3 tbsp cooking oil. Place one chapati on the Tawa when the oil heat enough.
- Wait for a second then pour the egg mixture on it and swirl the whole area of the chapati. When the egg starts to set then flip over the chapati. Remove when it cook both sides and place on a flat board.
- In a bowl combine chicken (cooked chicken), carrot, and cucumber.
- Arrange 1/3rd portion of this mixture in a line up the center of the chapatti. Pour a small amount of tomato ketchup and mustard sauce.
- Wrap around the chapatti so that salads-chicken mixture place in the middle.
- Wrap with a piece of foil paper or greaseproof paper.
- Repeat this process and make all the spicy chicken egg rolls.
- Serve this hot and enjoy.
How to make chicken egg roll
Make a soft dough by mixing flour, salt, oil and water to make chapatti.
Divide the dough into 3 parts and make them like sphere by the help of two hands.
Flatten every ball like a big round shape by the help of a rolling pin.
Heat a tawa and place a roti on it. Cook both sides by turn over the roti a couple of times.
Remove from the tawa after cooked well and keep on a pot.
Slice cucumber, carrot and onion for salads to fill the rolls with chicken. Keep aside on a plate.
Boil chicken breast in a boiling pot. Shredded it and keep on a pot.
Heat oil in a heavy bottom skillet. Place onion, ginger, garlic, and sauté for a minute. Add shredded chicken and allow to cook up to 2-3 minutes. Now sprinkle salt, garam masala powder, black pepper powder, turmeric powder, and combine again. Pour 1 tbsp dark soya sauce, allow to cook for 4 minutes then remove from the skillet. Keep aside.
Take a flat frying pan and heating over low to medium heat. Pour 2-3 tbsp cooking oil then place a chapatti (paratha) on it. Let it heat for a moment then pour a beaten egg on it and swirl over the whole area of the chapatti. Flip the chapatti when the egg start to set up. Flip over a couple of times to cook both sides well.
Remove from the frying pan a place on a flat board.
Combine salads and cooked chicken in a mixing bowl. Add it on the chapatti at the centre in a line. Drizzle tomato ketchup and mustard sauces on it.
Roll the chapatti and wrap with a oil proof paper to hold it well.
Enjoy the homemade chicken egg roll.
- Make a flour dough then make chapati or paratha from it.
- Boil chicken then sheredded it. Afterwards shallow fry it with spices.
- Beat egg and cook it with Paratha and make egg paratha.
- Cut vegetables and make salads, mix it with chicken.
- Fill paratha with this mixture, add sauces.
- Roll the paratha and wrap by a paper.
- Serve it hot and enjoy with your family.
More chicken Recipes