16 September, 2019
Four Quick and Easy Chicken Liver Recipes
Four unique style healthy, easy, and yummy chicken liver recipes.
Chicken liver fry is one of the most easiest and quick recipe. You can make it at your kitchen with a few ingredients and very short time.
Here are the nutrition facts per 100 grams of chicken liver.
- Calories- 170 Kcal
- Carbohydrate- 0.8 grams
- Fat – 4.5 grams
- Protein- 25 grams
- Vitamins- Vitamin A, B-complex, Vitamin-C, and Vitamin-E
- Minerals- Selenium, Iron, Phosphorus, Zinc, Calcium, Manganese, etc.
Chicken Liver Recipe
- Saucepan or Kadhai
- Mixing pot or bowl
- 500 grams chicken livers
- 2 pieces onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tbsp chopped green chili
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tbsp chicken masala or garam masala
- 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander powder
- salt as per taste
- cooking oil
How to make sauteed chicken liver recipe
- Wash the chicken livers then remove excess water from it.
- Now take a heavy bottom saucepan and heat it with medium flame. After enough heat, pour 3 tbsp cooking oil in the saucepan then wait for a minute to heat oil.
- Now take cumin seeds and add in the oil and sauté for a minute. When cumin seeds turned light brown then add chopped onion, green chili, salt and saute.
- While onion turned light brown then add the remaining spices and sauté for two minutes.
- After two minutes add chicken livers and fry until changing the color (5-6minutes).
- Now add 2-3 tbsp water and close the lid of the saucepan. After 5-6 minutes open the lid and add coriander leaves for garnishing and mix with it then remove from the saucepan.
- The fried chicken livers recipe is now ready to serve. Serve it as a side dish. You may serve it with fried rice or roti.
Indian Style Chicken liver Curry with Tomato
Chicken liver curry is also very testy and healthy like it’s fried recipe. Most benefits of curry recipe are that you can serve it as your main dish with plain rice or rooti.
- Chicken liver 600 grams
- Two onion (finely chopped)
- Two medium size tomato (finely chopped)
- Ginger-garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Chopped green chili 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder ½ tbsp
- All ground spices (garam masala) ½ tsp
- Chicken masala (spices) ½ tsp
- cumin powder ½ tbsp
- Cumin seeds ½ tbsp
- Finely chopped coriander leaves 3 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Sliced green chili 3-4 pieces for garnishing
- Cooking oil
- Take 2-3 tsp cooking oil in a saucepan or Kadhai and heat it with medium flame. After enough heat the oil, take ½ tsp cumin seeds and add these in the oil. Sauté it until it turn light red.
- Now take chopped green chili and onion and add them in the saucepan. Add salt and Sauté them for 3-4 minutes. While the onion start to turn light brown then add all the spices (excepts sliced green chili and coriander leaves) and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and stir a little then close the lid of the saucepan. Cook it for five minutes then open the lid.
- Add chicken liver and stir for 5-6 minutes or up to change the color then add ½ cup water and close the lid again.
- Cook it for 10-12 minutes then open the lid and add sliced green chili and coriander leaves. Stir a little to mix them then turn off the flame.
- Now the dish is ready to serve.
Watch the video of this recipe.
Spanish Chicken Livers with Sherry
Chicken liver in sherry is a very popular Spanish chicken dish. This recipe makes with a few spices and sherry. I am sure you will try this liver recipe after reading this blog.
Ingredients for cooking
- 500 grams chicken livers
- 2 small size onions (finely chopped)
- finely chopped garlic 1 tbsp
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- all-purpose flour 1 tbsp
- sherry 160 ml
- water 100 ml
- 1 small size tomato (finely chopped or paste)
- salt as per taste
- black pepper 1 tbsp
Explore our other chicken recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Recipe
- Broasted Chicken recipe
- Restaurant Style Chicken Pakoda
- Best Indian Chicken Curry Recipe
- Cut chicken livers1 into medium size and wash them well.
- Take a medium size saucepan and heat 2 tbsp oil in it. Add chopped onion and garlic and stir continuously. Fry them until they are soft (this may take 8-12 minutes depends on flame) then remove from the saucepan and keep on a pot. Try to fry this with low flame so that they can’t turn red.
- Add another 2 tbsp oil in the frying pan and heat with high flame. After enough heating the oil add chicken livers and regulate the flame to medium. Fry them up to 8-10 minutes then remove and keep on a pan.
- Take the fried onion and garlic to the saucepan then sprinkle the all-purpose flour and stir for two minutes. Add the sherry, water, and chopped tomato. Stir them constantly until they turn like a thick sauce.
- Return the livers to the saucepan, add salt and black pepper powder and stir. Close the frying pan by lid and cook them up to 8-10 minutes. Turn off the flame and remove them to serve. You may serve it as a main dish or with bread.
- Remember, cooking time may little differ as per flame temperature.
Chicken liver pakora
Pakora of chicken liver is also a very easy and quick recipe. If you want to make chicken recipe within a short time then make this yummy and crispy recipe at your home.
Ingredients for Pakora
- Chicken livers 250 grams
- All-purpose flour 1 cup
- Besan 1 cup
- Red chilli powder ½ tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Black pepper ½ tbsp
- Turmeric powder ½ tbsp
- Water 1/2 cup
- Cooking oil for deep frying
How to deep fry this dish
- Wash the chicken livers and remove all fat from these then cut them into 2-3 inch strip or cube size.
- Take a big size bowl and add all-purpose flour and besan, chili powder, salt, black pepper, and turmeric powder in it and mix all these item.
- Add ½ cup of water in this mixture and make a thick liquid.
- Take a heavy bottom saucepan or Kadhai, pour ½ liter cooking oil in it and heat the oil with high flame.
- After enough heat the oil take the livers one by one and dip them in the besan mixture to make a coating then dip in the hot oil.
- Remember, coat all sides of the livers so that it make crispy. Regulate the flame to medium and cook them until golden brown. Stir oftenly so that all sides fry perfectly.
- Remove from the saucepan and serve the dish with tomato ketchup or green sauces.
I hope, you loved all these recipes of chicken livers and try to make at your home. I also hope that you will shear your experience through commenting after making these recipes at your kitchen.
You may also like these recipes
- How to make Paneer Chilli at Home
- Indian Chilli Chicken Recipe
- KFC Fried Chicken Recipe (Copycat)
- Indian Spicy Egg Curry Recipe