For quick and easy tea time snacks crispy onion pakora is the best idea. I think it is the easiest snack ever. Anyone can make this recipe with a few ingredients. For crispy onion pakora, we use only 4- 5 ingredients like gram flour, chili powder, onion, green chili, salt, and turmeric powder. It is also a good idea as a side dish with traditional Indian food. Learn how to make onion snacks easily at your home.
How to make onion pakora crispy?
My mom tried a couple of times to make it. But every time she failed to make it crispy. But while I shared my idea with mom then she could make it perfect. To make crispy onion pakora follow these steps. I am sure you will able to make this snack perfect crispy.
Some other crispy snacks recipe
Slice onions into thin size– To make crunchy pakoda it is very important to slice the onion into thin size.
Squeeze onion– Squize sliced by pressing a hand to release moist from them. If the juice can be squeezed out, then the pakora must be crunchy.
Add a little amount of water– Don’t add excess water when you prepare the mixture of onion and gram flour. Add a little amount of water so that the mixture should be thick and dry type.
Serve crispy and crunchy onion pakora with homemade green chutney or a mixture of tomato ketchup nad hot red chili sauce. You may add some salads also.
- Deep-frying pan
- mixing bowl
- 1 cup thin-sliced onion
- ½ cup gram flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp sliced green chili
- ⅓ tbsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
- salt to taste
- cooking oil to deep fry
- chat masala for extra flavor
- Slice onion into thin size.
- Take this sliced onion in a big mixing bowl and squeeze with the help of a hand to remove moist from this. Keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- Add gram flour, rice flour, chili powder, sliced green chili, turmeric powder, salt, coriander leaves, and a pinch of baking soda with onion. Combine these with a small amount of water.
- Mix well and make a dry type batter. Remember don't make the batter thin or extra moist.
- Heat a deep frying pan over medium flame. Pour enough cooking oil to deep fry. Let the oil heat enough.
- Check the oil is heated enough by dip a small amount of dough. If the dough sinks over without browning then the heat is perfect to deep fry.
- Take the batter and add in the oil into a small size. Fry in batches.
- Stir them often and often to fry all sides perfectly. Fry them until crisp or red-brown.
- Remove from the oil and keep on a paper towel to remove excess oil from it.
Find more recipes
- Indian chilli paneer recipe
- Chicken Egg Roll Recipe- How to Make Chicken Roll
- Chicken Popcorn Recipe – KFC Style Popcorn Chicken