Learn how to make crispy fried chicken strips recipe without buttermilk. Some people do not like buttermilk or sometimes buttermilk is not available in our kitchen. In both of these cases, we can make the crispy fried chicken tender recipes without buttermilk.
Everyone loves crispy fried chicken strips. Chicken strips are cut from the chicken breast (chicken tender). Actually, it is the tenderest part of the chicken. But do you know the recipe for crispy fried chicken tender? If not, then read the step-by-step cooking process of this dish.
How to make fried chicken (strips) without buttermilk
I cook crispy fried chicken tenders in three simple steps. First marinade boneless chicken strips without buttermilk. We use mild paprika, black pepper, ginger- garlic powder, and salt to marinate the strips.
Then we coat the chicken fingers with beaten egg and breadcrumbs. We use homemade panko breadcrumbs or Italian breadcrumbs to make them super crispy.
At the final stage, the crumbed strips are deep-fried or baked. You can cook them by any of these methods.
How long to deep fry chicken strips?
Well, it’s a big question, how long take the chicken tenders to deep fry? To cook chicken tenders at 375°-400°F you should deep fry them for 6-8 minutes approximately. If you cut the chicken breast into 1-inch thick strips then they will be cooked for up to 8 minutes.
Cooking time may differ due to the temperature and the size of the strips. Try to cook them over medium flame for the best result.
How long to bake if we cook chicken tenders in oven?
Whether you want to bake the chicken strips in an oven then you have to preheat the oven at 400F. Then lightly grease a cooking tray by spraying olive oil.
You have to spray oil on the crumbed chicken tender then place it on the tray. Bake them for 6-8 minutes then flip over. Bake another 5 minutes and then broil them for 2 minutes to make them super crunchy.
More chicken recipes
Step by step making process
Follow all these instructions to make crispy and yummy chicken fingers.
First, cut the boneless chicken breast into long and thin strips. The thickness should not be more than 1 inch.
As chicken strips to be made without buttermilk. So we don’t use any buttermilk for marination. We use some other ingredients replace of buttermilk.
Place the chicken tenders on a bowl or a plate. Sprinkle black pepper, salt, hot chili powder, ginger powder, and garlic powder, mix well with chicken tender. keep in a refrigerator or room temperature for a minimum of 30 minutes to marinade.
Take only the white portion of two eggs in a bowl. Add a pinch of black pepper powder and salt then whisk. keep it aside.
Take 2 cups of panko breadcrumbs on a plate. Add paprika, white pepper, salt, and dried basils. Combine them well.
Take marinade chicken strips one by one, dip first in the egg white then coat with breadcrumbs finely. Set aside.
Heat oil in a deep frying pan to cook the strips. Place chicken tenders one by one if the oil heat enough. Keep the flame medium. Fry the chicken tenders until they cooked through.
Place on a kitchen paper or towel to remove excess oil from the chicken strips. Serve the chicken fingers hot or allow them to cool down at room temperature.
People who like without buttermilk fried chicken strips, may like these recipes also.
- KFC Style Popcorn Chicken
- Easy & Healthy Chicken Cutlets
- Pressure cooker fried Chicken
- How to make homemade broaster chicken
Fried Chicken Strips Without Buttermilk
- mixing bowl
- Deep-frying pan
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) chicken tender (chicken breast)
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- ½ tbsp ginger powder or paste
- 1 tbsp garlic salt you can use garlic paste instead of it
- salt to taste
- 2 eggs white
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs or Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp mild paprika
- ½ tbsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp dried basils
- ½ tbsp salt
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- Take chicken breast and cut them into 1 inch thick strips. Wash them with normal water then drain.
- Place chicken tender in a mixing bowl. Add black pepper powder, salt, red chili powder, garlic salt, ginger powder and combine well. Set aside for 30 minutes for quick marination.
- Pour two egg white in another mixing bowl. Keep aside.
- On a plate, take 2 cups of panko breadcrumbs. Sprinkle white pepper, paprika, basils, and salt. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Take the marinade chicken tenders. Dip chicken strips in the egg white then place on the breadcrumbs. Coat all sides with breadcrumbs then place them on a plate.
- Pour cooking oil in a deep frying pan, heat over medium flame.
- Check the temperature of cooking oil by a food thermometer. Set the temperature at 350 to 400°F. If food thermometer is not available then take a portion of batter and dip it in oil. If it rises up without browning then the temperature is perfect.
- dip chicken strips on after another in the hot oil. Fry them for 3-4 minutes then flip over and cook another 3-4 minutes.
- You should cook them until they turn golden-brown or crisp.
- Remove the chicken tender from the oil and place on a paper towel. Sprinkle some chat masala for extra flavor.
- Serve the chicken fingers hot with tomato ketchup or your favorite sauce.
Wow !!! It’s so amazing.
Can I make this recipe with curd?
Wow it’s looking great.