15 September, 2019
Pressure Cooker Fried Chicken – Instant Pot Chicken Recipe
If you are a chicken lover then you must love crispy chicken recipes. There are many types of chicken recipes available in the world. But today I am sharing about “Pressure cooker fried chicken“. You can make it in your kitchen so quickly, for that it is also called ‘instant pot fried chicken‘. If you don’t have enough time to cook for a long, then you can make instant pot chicken by pressure cooker fried method. The most advantage of this method is that in this method the chicken is made very quickly but very tasty to eat.
What is pressure cooker fried chicken?
instant pot fried chicken, we cook it in a closed fried pan like a pressure cooker or pressure fryer. World-famous food making company ‘Broaster’, use this technique and their chicken is called Broasted Chicken. But their method is very lengthy. You can make it very quickly at home by my quick recipe method.
- Electric or ordinary pressure cooker 1 piece
- Medium size bowl 3 piece
- Food thermometer if avilable
Why do you choose this method?
By usual method you can make this recipe but it takes very long time. But in this case you can cook very quick and perfectly. The inner portion as well as outer portion cook very well at the same time.
Recipe Facts and nutritions
Total Piece: 5/6 (500grms)
Calories Per 100 grams – 170 Kcal
Protein – 55 grams
Fat – 8 grams
Vitamins – Vitamin-A, Vitamin-B complex, and Vitamin-D,
Also contains folic acid, calcium, copper and Manganese
- Chicken drumstick or fillets 500 grams
- ginger-garlic paste or powder 2 tbsp
- Pepper powder ½ tbsp
- Ground all spices 1 tbsp
- All-purpose flour 1 ½ cups
- cornflour ½ cup
- Turmeric powder ½ tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- Red chili powder ½ tbsp
- One beaten egg
- sliced green chili for garnishing
You may also like our others chicken dishes
- Healthy Chicken Pakora Recipe
- Best Indian Chicken Curry Recipe
- Indian Chilli Chicken Recipe
- KFC style Chicken Recipe (Copycat)
How to make instant pot fried chicken-
Here is the easy making process of pressure cooker fried chicken.
- Cut 500 grams chicken into 8-10 pieces and wash them well by water. Then drain off all excess water.
- Take chicken pieces in a bowl. Add spices (ginger garlic powder, pepper, and turmeric. Salt, ground all spices, red chili powder) and mix them well so that spices make a coating on all sides of these chicken pieces.
- Now take the other two pots and one of the utensils to egg, and in another add the cornflower and all-purpose flour. Mix cornflour and all-purpose flour very well.
- Take chicken pieces, dip them first in beaten egg and then coated with cornflour and all-purpose flour mixture. Remember, apply this process carefully so that a thick coating make on all sides of the chicken pieces.
- You may repeat this process two times to thick the coating. Then shake it off and discard the excess dry powder.
Follow these cooking instructions to make fried chicken by pressure fryer.
- Now take a pressure cooker and poured cooking oil in it. Heat the pressure cooker. Dip a portion of the mixture in the oil to check the oil enough heated or not. If the dough floating without browning then it’s temperature is enough to cook. Whether food thermometer is available then check the temperature and set it 360° F.
- Dip chicken pieces one by one in the oil and then close the lid of the pressure cooker.
- Cook it for approximately 8 minutes then open the lid of the pressure cooker. Take a piece out and see if it is well cooked or not. Whether it cooked well then takes all pieces out and keeps on a tissue paper or towel to absorb excess oil.
- Now the dish is ready to serve. Garnish it with sliced green chilli and spring onion then enjoy with green sauces and salads.
Precutions during making instant pot chicken
- Make the all-purpose flour and cornflour coating perfectly on all sides of the chicken and remove extra dry crust by shaking them.
- Before dip the chicken pieces in the hot oil, check the temperature by food thermometer or dip small portion of dough in the oil. Try to maintain the temperature approximately 350F.
I hope, now you can make insta pot pressure fried chicken recipe in your kitchen easily. Please let us know, how was your cooking experience?