If you are looking for an easy and healthy fried rice dish, try this instant pot chicken fried rice recipe. From the moment that the Instant Pot came on the market, these handy appliances were an instant (no pun intended) hit! People lined up to buy them, and recipes popped up left and right.
Everyone loved their versatility and ease of use, and you could virtually find them in kitchens everywhere. Whether you are a student, a busy professional, or a parent who needed a way to make a quick meal, an Instant Pot would be the perfect way to make a hot dish.
One-pot dishes are arguably the most popular meal to make in an Instant Pot, especially because they bring together a complete meal in one package. If you’re looking for a great one-pot recipe to try, fried chicken rice should be on the top of your list.
What is Fried Chicken Rice?
Chicken fried rice is one of the popular dish origins in china, made with cooked rice. Usually cooked rice stir fry with veggies, scrambled eggs, and chicken. It can be made in two different styles in instant pot or pressure cooker.
If you have any leftover rice or fried chicken, you can use an Instant Pot to transform your leftovers into a delicious and fresh meal! What’s more, this great recipe uses staple pantry ingredients such as eggs, carrots, and peas, so you won’t have any trouble making this amazing recipe.
Not only is it delicious, but it’s also super easy to make! You can throw everything into your Instant Pot, and leave it to cook. After about 30 minutes, your meal will be ready. This is a great meal to make during a busy weekday night or if you’re craving a filling snack.
Which Rice We Should Use to Make Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
For cooking this dish you can use any type of rice. But perfect and best instant pot fried rice, I recommend using basmati rice or Jasmine rice. A good flavor comes from this dish if you use Basmati or Jasmine rice.
More Instant Pot Recipes
How to Make Chicken Fried Rice in an Instant Pot
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to make Instant Pot chicken fried rice.
Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- 200 gram fresh boneless chicken
- ½ cup carrots, diced
- 2 eggs
- 3 3 garlic cloves, minced finely
- 1½ cup chicken broth
- 100 gram frozen green peas
- 2 cups Jasmine rice or Basmati rice, washed well
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Green onion, sliced finely (for garnish)
- Scramble your eggs in your Instant Pot using the sauté function. Whisk eggs, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, then add into the cooking basket. Use a spatula to push around the egg curds until fully cooked through. Remove cooked eggs and set them aside.
- Heat a table spoon of vegetable oil and add minced garlic. Sauté until fragrant, and add 2 tablespoons of chicken broth to deglaze the cooking basket. Add the remaining broth.
- Add leftover shredded chicken, carrots, and rice. Make sure to follow this order. Do not stir the ingredients.
- Close the Instant pot and select the ManualHigh Pressure setting. Allow it to cook for three minutes. After three minutes, open the seal and allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Place soy sauce, sesame oil, frozen green peas, and scrambled eggs into the Instant Pot. Mix thoroughly. Close the lid again to allow eggs and green peas to warm through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and place green onions on top for garnish.
- Serve and enjoy!
Once you’ve mastered this recipe, don’t be surprised if you make it every time you have leftover fried chicken or rice. Make sure to rinse the rice well to prevent too much starch from seeping into the final dish.
For best results, use long-grain rice because this kind of rice absorbs sauces well. You should also make sure that the ingredients are layered evenly so that everything cooks at the same time.
For more cooking guides and yummy recipes, check out the Cranberry Island Kitchen blog at Cranberryislandkitchen.