A simple & quick recipe to make homemade Cumin rice with an instant pot. It is a very quick as well as a healthy recipe. The great side of Cumin rice is that it can be served with so many side dishes like chicken curry, potato curry, dal, or with your favorite side dishes. Cumin rice is also called Jeera rice because jeera is the Indian name of cumin seeds.
The main advantage of instant pot jeera rice is that it is a one-pot recipe and does not need so many ingredients. We just need a handful of ingredients for this recipe and these are easily available in your kitchen.
It is always a big problem to make the rice soft, fluffy, non-sticky, and flavorful. But I will guide you to make the best soft, fluffy, non-sticky instant pot cumin rice with great taste and flavor. It is similar to corrie cooks instant pot calrose rice.
Which Rice We Should Use to Make Jeera Rice in Instant Pot?
The cumin rice can be cooked with any rice but long grain rice is best for this recipe. I personally prefer basmati rice for its good texture, aroma, and taste. You could be used any long-grain rice but it may not be the best.
Ingredients We Need to Make The Cumin Rice
We need only four ingredients to make the Jeera rice in an instant pot. These are
- Basmati rice 1 cup
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- 3 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Ghee or butter 1 tbsp
How to Make Cumin Rice in Pressure Cooker
If you have a usual pressure cooker, the cumin rice can be made with it. It is as simple as cooking in an instant pot. Follow the below coking steps for making perfect fluffy jeera rice in a pressure cooker.
Rinse the rice: First, rinse the rice with fresh water to remove starch. It helps to make the rice non-sticky and fluffy.
Soak the rice: Transfer the rinsed rice to a bowl and soak it in water for 15-20 minutes.
Saute the rice: Heat the pressure cooker and add 1 tbsp of butter. Add 1 tsp of cumin seeds and saute until splutter. Now Add soaked basmati rice and saute the rice for 1-2 minutes. Do not forget to add a tsp of salt.
Cook the rice: Pour water and close the pressure cooker lid. Remember, if you add 1 cup of rice then add 1 cup of water. Rice and water ratio should be 1:1. Cook the rice for 1 whistle on a high flame. After a whistle turn off the flame and wait to release the pressure naturally.
Add coriander leaves: After releasing the pressure, open the lid and fluff the rice with a spatula. Add some coriander leaves and mix gently with the rice.
Serve: Serve the rice with your favorite side dish.
Also Check Out
- Instant Pot Shrimp fried rice
- Instant Pot Basmati Rice
- Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
- Soft Fluffy Jasmine Rice Recipe
Instant Pot Cumin Rice (Pressure Cooked Jeera Rice)
- 1 Instant pot (pressure cooker if cook in pressure cooker)
- 1 cup Basmati rice (250 gram)
- 1½ cup water
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaves
- 3 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp salt
- A handful of coriander leaves for garnishing
- Take basmati rice in a washing strainer and rinse the rice under tap water until water runs clear.
- Transfer the washed rice to a bowl and soak the rice in water for 20-25 minutes. Rinsing and soaking of rice helps to get rid of starch and helps to make the rice non-sticky.
- Take an instant pot, turn on the saute mode and heat. Now add a tbsp of butter or ghee in it.
- Place a tsp of cumin in it and splutter. Also add the bay leaves, cloves, and cinnamon stick.
- Wait for a minute, add the soaked basmati rice and saute for a minute or 2.
- Mix the rice with a tsp of salt then add water. Mix well and deglaze the pot.
- Close the instant pot and place the vent on the sealing position.
- Set manual hi-pressure mode for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, quickly release the pressure and open the lid.
- Flip the rice using a fork. Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well with the rice.
Leave a Reply