Easy Sans Rival cake recipe- When it comes to desserts, there are few better cakes out there than the Sans Rival. It’s a mouth-watering combination of chewy, crispy, buttery, and nutty that’s sure to hit all the right notes on your taste buds! Plus, there’s something so decadent about cutting through a slice of Sans Rival cake and seeing each gorgeous layer.
The name of this cake means “without rival”, and when it comes to flavor and texture, it lives up to its name! A Sans Rival boasts layers of luscious French buttercream, crispy meringue, and nutty cashews that make the perfect ending to any meal.
At first glance, making a Sans Rival cake from scratch might seem intimidating, especially since it has a lot of different layers and techniques. However, with a little bit of patience and practice, and with the right ˚bakery!
Here’s the recipe, “how to make your own Sans Rival cake at home”.
Sans Rival Cake Recipe
For Making the Meringue
- 6 eggs white
- ½ tbsp cream of tartar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup roasted cashews, unsalted and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
For Making the French Buttercream
- 9 egg yolks
- 1½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 1½ cup softened butter
The first step is making the meringue layer
- Preheat your oven to 325˚F.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer or stand mixer to beat the egg whites for one minute. Add cream of tartar and continue beating until the soft peaks form on top.
- While beating continuously, gradually add the sugar until stiff peaks form on top. The peaks must be firm and stand up.
- Fold in vanilla and the cashews using a rubber spatula. Make sure not to disturb the peaks too much!
- Grease and flour the bottoms of three 10-inch round cake pans. Place equal amounts of the batter onto the bottoms of your prepared pans. Spread out the batter with an offset spatula to ensure that it is flat and smooth.
- Bake your meringues inside your prepared oven for around 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven while still hot and use a wide rubber spatula to carefully remove the baked meringue
- Transfer the baked meringue to a cooling rack.
Making the French Buttercream
- In a medium-sized saucepan, place water and sugar. Place on medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Place egg yolks into a large bowl and beat until yolks become thick and pale in color.
- Using a candy thermometer, check the syrup until the temperature reaches 238˚F (known as the softball stage). Once the syrup reaches the right temperature, remove it from the heat.
- Slowly pour the syrup into the yolks while continuously beating the mixture. Continue mixing until all the syrup has been fully incorporated into the yolks.
- Add softened butte rand whip at high speed until a fluffy consistency is achieved.
Assembling Your Sans Rival
- Finally, the moment that you’ve been waiting for! Here’s how to assemble your Sans Rival cake, step-by-step: Place a meringue layer on a plate.
- Spread a thin layer of buttercream on the surface of the meringue. Sprinkle with additional chopped cashews.
- Repeat steps 1,2, and 3 for the next two layers of your cake.
- After the final layer of the cake has been placed on top, cover the sides and top of your cake with the remaining buttercream.
- Garnish the sides and top with additional cashews.
- Chill for at least 3hours before serving to ensure that the buttercream is firm.
There you have it, a quick and simple recipe to make your own Sans Rival at home! This will be a great recipe to serve during your next get-together with friends, or if you want to make a homemade gift for someone. Cakes are perfect when you have the best cake baking tools available in your kitchen! Visit www.bellacupcakecouture.com.