There is no such thing as too much chocolate! But if you are still looking for a fantastic chocolate cake recipe that is a perfect depiction of too much chocolate, we have the perfect recipe for you!
Too much chocolate cake is tasteful, rich, chocolaty, and mouthwatering. For those who love chocolate and can’t simply live without it, this cake is a perfect option! Topped with chocolaty glaze, this cake is moist, decadent, and finger-licking good.
Here is everything you need for this delicious cake:
Chocolate fudge cake mix: Chocolate fudge cake mix Is an easy way of making a fudgy cake base for too much chocolate cake. However, you can use devil’s cake mix or a plain chocolate cake mix as well.
Instant chocolate pudding: Instant chocolate pudding is a rich chocolaty pudding. It is rich and gives the cake a moist texture.
Vegetable oil: Vegetable oil makes the cake moist. You can use melted butter as well.
Sour cream: Sour cream is quite an unusual ingredient for too much chocolate cake. It brings in flavor and rich texture. It makes the cake moist and decadent.
Eggs: Eggs are necessary to maintain the structure of the cake. They make it fluffy and ensure perfect leveling.
Chocolate chips: Who can say no to chocolate chips? They are a perfect way to add more chocolate to the cake.
For the glaze:
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips: Semi-sweet chocolate chips set the base for the glaze. You can add sweetened chocolate chips as well.
- Corn syrup: Corn syrup adds sweetness and a base in which the chocolate chips are melted.
- Butter: Butter makes the glaze shiny, rich, and buttery.
More Cake Recipe
How To Store Too Much Chocolate Cake?
Although I am pretty sure you won’t have any leftover cake, but if you do, you can happily store it for tomorrow and the day after that. You can do that by placing it in an airtight container and store in a refrigerator. It can be kept for up to 5 days in a refrigerator.
Too Much Chocolate Cake Recipe
For Chocolate Cake
- 1 pack chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1 pack instant chocolate pudding
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cup chocolate chips
For Chocolate Glaze:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ tbsp corn syrup
- 4 tbsp butter
- Add fudge cake mix, chocolate pudding mix, vegetable oil, sour cream, water, and eggs in a large bowl. Mix well using a whisker until the ingredients are well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pour the mixture into greased bundt pan.
- Place the bundt pan in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for about 50 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in the cake. If it comes out clean, remove the pan from the oven.
- Let the cake cool down completely.
- Place a plate on the top of the bundt cake and flip it.
For the glaze:
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add corn syrup, butter, and chocolate chips.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and set the timer for30 seconds.
- Take it out of the microwave and whisk. Place it again in the microwave and heat for 15 seconds.
- Once the time is up, take it out of the microwave and whisk.
- Repeat until the chocolate is perfectly melted. Make sure you stop just as the chocolate is melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate glaze on top of the bundt cake until it is completely drenched in it.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and enjoy!