Chocolate macaron cake is a delicious, unusual, chocolaty, and decadent cake made with layers of texture and flavor. The chocolate and coffee cake is filled with coconut filling and topped with chocolate frosting.
This unique cake is delicious and a perfect way to satisfy your sugar craving.
Main components of chocolate macaron cake
This delicious cake is all about layers of texture and flavor. Here are three main components that make up this unique macaron cake recipe:
- The cake: The cake is rich, moist, tasteful, and decadent. What’s special about this cake is that it uses unique ingredients like coffee, cocoa powder, shortening, buttermilk, and sour cream. It is because of these ingredients that the cake has a texture and a flavor that is very different from traditional cakes.
- The filling: The filling is inspired by macaron filling. It is made with egg whites, shredded coconut, and sugar. The filling has a sweet flavor and gritty coconut texture.
- The frosting: the frosting is rich, chocolaty, and flavorsome. It is made from simple ingredients like melted chocolate, sugar, butter, and milk.
More cake Recipes
- Too Much Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Chocolate & Tangerine Cake
- Sans Rival Cake Recipe
- 5 Best Diabetic Friendly Cakes
Macaron cake recipe with chocolate
All in all, this cake is a unique dessert for those who like to try different and new recipes. Try this macaron cake recipe at home, and I am sure you will love it!
- mixing bowl
For the Filling
- 2 cups sweetened coconut, shredded
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white
- 3 tbsp sugar
For The Cake
- 2 large eggs, separated
- ¾ cups sugar, divided
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup shortening
- 2 tbsp buttermilk
- ¼ cup cold-brewed coffee
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup baking cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
For the frosting:
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips,melted and cooled
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1½ tbsp butter, softened
- 2½ tbsp milk
For The Filling:
- In an electric mixer bowl, add egg white and beat at medium speed until it forms soft peaks.
- Add sugar slowly while continuing to beat the mixture. Beat until the sugar dissolves.
- Next, fold in shredded coconut and all-purpose flour. Once everything is combined, set the mixture aside.
For the Cake:
- In another electric mixture bowl, add egg whites and beat on medium speed until it forms soft peaks.
- Add half of the sugar slowly while continuing to beat until the sugar is dissolved. Set the mixture aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the leftover sugar and cream shortening. Beat the mixture and add egg yolks one at a time.
- Next, add sour cream and continue to beat. Combine buttermilk and coffee.
- Next, add all-purpose flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Once everything is well combined, fold in egg whites.
- In a greased tube pan that has a removable bottom, pour in half of the cake mix. Add coconut and egg white mixture and layer using a spoon. Pour in the rest of the cake batter and level.
- Place the tube pan in a preheated oven for about50 minutes at 350-degree F.
- Insert a toothpick in the cake. If it comes out lean, remove the pan from the oven.
- Run the knife alongside its edges and invert it onto a cooling rack. Let it cool completely.
For the Frosting:
- Meanwhile, add melted semi-sweet chocolate chips, butter, confectioners' sugar, and milk in a small bowl. Beat with an electric beater until you get a creamy and smooth mixture.
- Spread the frosting on top of the cooled cake and enjoy!
Serving: 100gCalories: 350kcalCarbohydrates: 52gProtein: 9gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 5gSugar: 12g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Amazing taste!! I was tried it.