A lemon drop shot is a delicious and refreshing drink that is made with vodka and triple sec. It is tangy, citrusy with the perfect punch of vodka and alcohol.
If you are ordering this cocktail at a restaurant or bar, you might find it very luxurious and fancy. However, you will be amazed to know that these shots are super easy to make, and you can make them for your friends and family at home.
All you need is an easy lemon drop shot recipe, the right ingredients, and a shaker.
Tips for making lemon drop cocktail
Although making this shot is super easy, here are a few things you should keep in mind:
- You can also use Citron-flavored vodka instead of lemon-flavored vodka.
- You can use triple sec of any quality brand for this shot recipe.
- You can use sweet, simple syrup instead of sugar as well.
- Use a chilled bottle of vodka for this recipe.
- You can also use a sugar cube and add it to the glass and skip adding sugar while making the drink.
- If you don’t have a shaker, you can add the ingredients in a stainless-steel mug, place a lid, keep the lid secure using your hands and shake. It will work the same way. However, there is a slight probability that the mug will leak, causing a spill.
More shot recipes
How to Serve Lemon Drop Shot?
When serving lemon drop drink, place the serving glass in the refrigerator or freezer until it is chilled. Before pouring the shot into the glass, rub the lemon wedge over the rim of the glass. Next, dip it in granulated sugar. You can also mix food color in the sugar to create a visually appealing look for the guests.
Is This a Strong Shot?
Even if you are making lemon drop cocktails at home, beware that these won’t be less strong. The main purpose of these shots is to have a fun indulgence. And because they have a tangy flavor, you might get a few shots without knowing how much you have consumed. The result can be a serious hangover.
So, even if you love more shots, you need to keep an eye on how much you are drinking; otherwise, you will get drunk. Read ahead to find the recipe card.
Lemon Drop Shot
- 3 oz lemon-flavored vodka
- 1 oz Cointreau liqueur or triple sec
- 1 oz Lemon juice
- Sugar for reaming the glass
- 1 Lemon wedge for garnishing
- Add lemon-flavored vodka, Cointreau liqueur, lemon juice, and ice cubes in a shaker.
- Cover the shaker lid and shake for about 7 to 10 seconds. Make sure you shake vigorously so that all the ingredients are combined and chilled well.
- Pour the cocktail in a shot glass or martini glass and serve chilled.
You may also like