The best way to cook fluffy and soft jasmine rice depends on how much water you’re pouring and how long you cook the rice. Let’s discuss the details.
Jasmine rice is considered one of the softest rice among all the other types of rice we eat. It is a sweet-smelling jasmine fragrance; long-grain rice is usually natively cultivated in the South East Asia Region.
As a beginner, cooking jasmine rice might seem a little hard, but you can pull it off easily only if you know the right tips and tricks. So the article is here to provide you with the right and most effortless guidelines so you can cook jasmine rice without facing any problems.
Let’s go through the rest of the article to learn about the steps and tips for cooking soft and fluffy Jasmine rice.
How to Cook Jasmine Rice?
If your goal is to cook fluffy and soft Jasmine rice, then we suggest using a rice cooker with an inner pot. Using a rice cooker is more convenient to use rather than going for stoves. Cooking jasmine rice is similar to any other kind of rice. You only need to balance the water-rice ratio. So without any delay, let’s talk about the ingredients you need.
Do I Need to Rinse The Rice?
One of the most confusing parts of cooking jasmine rice is whether to rinse it or not before putting it in the rice cooker. The rinsing part entirely depends on how much water you’ll be using to cook it.
- If the water and the rice ratio is 1:2, it’s better not to rinse it before cooking.
- But if you choose to keep the ratio 1: 1(less than 2), you can rinse one or two times.
- If you buy the rise from a farm right before cooking, then you should rinse it to get rid of the sand and dirt.
The Secret To Cooking The Jasmine Rice Fluffy
The steps we described in the prior section will help you cook soft and fluffy jasmine rice. But a few more tips won’t go in vain for you:
- The water ratio is an essential part of making jasmine rice more soft and fluffy. As jasmine rice is known for its softness, keeping the water ratio is the primary way to keep the fluffiness.
- Don’t keep the rice too long on the rice cooker or stove, or it’ll become stickier and too soft.
- You can keep the rice covered for 10 minutes after cooking it.
These are some tips suggested by the professional chefs that you can apply while cooking jasmine rice and get a bowl of soft, tender, and fluffy rice to enjoy as your meal.
More Rice Recipes
- Instant Pot Basmati Rice
- Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe
- Instant Pot Cumin (Jeera) Rice
The Ingredients & Cooking Process
As we’ve already said, you won’t need many ingredients to cook fluffy and soft jasmine rice. To start with, you need 1½ cups of jasmine rice. Make sure to use fresh rice, as jasmine rice loses its fragrance over time.
- Now start with moving to the water, the ratio of water and rice should be 1: 1¾ so the rice is not overcooked or undercooked. For 1½ cups of rice, you should pour 1¾ cups of water into the rice cooker’s pot.
- And the last ingredient is a pinch of salt to add taste to the rice. Some may prefer not to add the salt, but salt adds more flavor to the rice.
- You can also add coconut/olive oil if you want your rice to be a little bit sticky. To add the coconut/olive oil, you have to saute the rice in the oil for several minutes before adding water.
- All the ingredients measurements given in this section are sufficient to serve 4 /5 people.
- If you have all the ingredients in your hand, you can start the cooking procedure. We’ll describe the cooking process through some easy steps here.
Fluffy Jasmine Rice
- 1 Rice cooker or pressure cooker
- 1½ cup fresh jasmine rice
- 1¾ cup water
- a pinch of salt (optional)
- ½ tsp vegetable oil (optional)
- Start with rinsing the rice with water. Place a strainer inside the bowl, or you can put the rice on a strainer and directly wash them under a water tap. When you’re done with the rinsing process, set aside the rice for a while to dry the extra water.
- Now, put the washed rice into the rice cooker pot. Add the water into the pot and keep the ratio of rice and water in between1: 1¾.
- Plug in the cable and turn the switch on after closing the rice cooker and setting the right temperature. If your rice cooker has white/brown rice option, then choose the white rice option for jasmine rice.
- It usually takes 10-20 minutes to cook rice thoroughly. After you hear the beep sound from the rice cooker, you can check if the rice is cooked or not. If not, add a few minutes more and let it be cooked.
Named after a sweet-smelling flower- jasmine; Jasmine rice not only smells good, it tastes good too. Enjoying jasmine rice with a curry you like can be a good lunch or dinner course full of energy.
Let us know if our recipe could help you make a bowl of fluffy and soft jasmine rice in the comment box.
Leave a Reply