Do you know? You can make rice flour at home by grinding the rice with a blender. And with it, you can start a gluten-free diet. Begin a healthier lifestyle.
Have you wondered what you can do with raw rice at home besides just cooking it? You should know rice is a versatile substance. It can be used as an ingredient for many baking foods at home. Just need to grind it properly.
Just so you know, there are plenty of known methods to grind rice. However, methods such as grinding by hand require a lot of effort from your end. But after the blender has been introduced, grinding rice has become effortless and straightforward.
If you wish to grind your raw rice at home, then you’ve hit the jackpot. Because here we will show you how you can use a blender to grind the rice effortlessly at home.
As mentioned, blender makes the rice grinding trouble-free, unlike other methods. It’s because a blender uses high-speed blades to grind your rice. You can set the power and speed to grind the rice.
Because of different customization for grinding many individuals use the blender for grinding rice.
How does it work?
We all know blenders use blades to grind food items. But its working process isn’t as simple as it looks from the outside. Indeed a blender uses fast spinning blades to cut the food items. But truly the blender uses hydrodynamic force while spinning. That makes your grinding rice evenly smooth.
Grinding rice is a popular form of flour, which is gluten-free. Yes, you also make baking food with rice flour. It contains high fiber which is good for your health. If you wish to have a healthy lifestyle and live a gluten-free diet, rice flour is perfect for you.
As you know, there are different forms of rice available. Each brings different types of flour. For example, from long grain white rice, you’ll be able to make flour to make murukku. Also, from short grain rice, you can make different cake items like pancakes.
Using a blender to grind rice is quite simple. Because the blender does most of your work. However, there are a few steps to complete the grinding process properly. We’ve shared the steps to grind the rice below, follow the steps to grind it too.
First, you need to prepare the kind of rice you wish to make flour out of. The rice flour’s smoothness is determined by its preparations. And there are a few instructions to go through to make it ready for the grind.
Let’s have a look, shall we?
- Sometimes rice particles are filled with dirt, dust, and mills which can ruin the flour. So first you must wash it off.
- To wash it, take a certain amount of rice into a bowl and soak the rice with tap water.
- You need to wash the rice several times until you see the water is much cleaner after washing.
- Leave the rice for a few minutes after draining the water.
- After that, transfer the rice from the bowl to a clean cloth.
- Then leave the rice to dry for an hour or so. Otherwise, if you use the soaked rice in a blender it will become juice, not flour.
- To get the best outcome from the rice, you can fry the rice for a few minutes.
After your rice is dried and fresh, now it’s time to grind the rice. Follow the given below instructions to grind the rice properly.
- Take 1 or 2 cups of recently dried rice and pour it into the grinding jar. Make sure you don’t fill up the jar. Because if the blender is full then it’s harder for it to spin at full speed. Even if you put it at full power, the rice will fall off the blender.
- For the first few minutes, you must use the blender at full speed spin. Because at first the raw rice tends to be hard and needs proper force to mend.
- Then take a spoon and stir it up and down. It helps the blender to produce smoother rice flour. Also, you can use a strainer to separate the blender rice and the ones that need a little bit more grinding. However, it’s a hassle and it’s better to do it when you’re done grinding.
Note– just so you in a few cases, in the rice packet it’s instructed not to wash the because it includes several ingredients. If you wash it then it will get washed off.
Now that you know how to make rice flour, we like to share a few tips for using rice flour. To make better use of rice flour be sure to follow the given instruction below.
- As you know there is a variety of rice, so to make different types of flour to add in different ingredients, you can try grinding different types of rice.
- With flour made from rice, you can make gluten-free rice. It can help you make a healthier life.
- With rice flour, you have the benefit of adding structure to your baked food, as it has better water-absorbent capabilities. So you have the freedom to add any ingredients you need.
If you make too much rice flour and are wondering whether you can store it or not?
Well, yes you can store it. To do that, put the leftover rice flour into a glass/plastic container. It’ll be usable for over a year. If you want to extend the period then you can use the freezing method.
Here you put the flour into a thick plastic bag and keep in your freezer, then whenever you need it, bring it out and let it de-freeze and after that, you can use it.
To get the best rice flour at home, you need a good quality blender. Otherwise, if you use a blender with poor quality, surely you’ll get a poor result, right? These blenders can’t grind at a point because of low hydrodynamic force.
We hope you got everything you require to grind rice at your home from the above segments. Remember to wash the rice before you use it to grind. However, if you use the packet of sealed rice it’s not necessary to wash it. And packet instruction has mentioned avoiding washing then don’t.