As per iced tea history, the first ever hard iced tea was called “Twisted Tea”. The twisted tea is an alcoholic drink with real tea and real lemon alongside a sweet chilling taste. You should know the calories and nutrition facts of twisted tea as it is very popular drink.
Twisted tea contains regular iced tea, multiple flavored ingredients, lemonade, and alcohol ( 4-5% of the volume). Like a green tea shot, it is also very flavorful and yummy.
SOME INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT TWISTED TEA
- Twisted tea was firstly produced by the Boston beer company in the year 2000.
- Although there are many flavors of twisted tea available at present; the first one was a beverage of sweet tea with a twist of lemon.
- As per research, a 12-ounce can of this tea contains less caffeine than a cup of coffee. As per mentioned quantity, twisted tea contains approximately 30 mg of caffeine while a cup of coffee contains 100 mg of caffeine.
- Twisted tea contains ethyl alcohol or ethanol and it is a malt alcoholic beverage similar to beer.
- Malt alcohol is an alcohol that we find from malt (grain).
CALORIES & NUTRITION IN TWISTED TEA ( ONE SERVING)
The normal can of twisted tea contains 12 fl. oz ( 354 ml) of twisted tea and this specified amount of the chilling beverage has nutrients as follows:
- Calories – 194
- Calories from fat – 0 (0%)
- Total fat 0 g – (0%)
- Saturated fat – 0 g (0%)
- Cholesterol – 0 mg (0%)
- Sodium – 8 mg
- Potassium – 271 mg
- Carbohydrates – 25.9 g
- Net Carbs – 25.9 g
- Dietary fiber – 0 g (0%)
- Sugar – 23 g
- Protein – 0 g
- Vitamin C – 2.8 mg
- Calcium – 2.6 mg
- Iron – 0 mg (0%)
- Alcohol – 14 g (4-5%)
Twisted Tea Calorie Burn Time
How much time does it take to burn 194 calories, that a person gets from a can of twisted tea ( Original hard iced tea – 5% alcohol)?
There is a result based on the study for above mentioned case:
Swimming – 16 minutes
Running – 19 minutes
Jogging – 22 minutes
Cycling – 30 minutes
Walking – 54 minutes
Related Drinks Recipe
HOW YOU CAN MAKE IT AT HOME
As twisted tea is available at a very worthy price, you can also make it at home. There is absolutely no difficulty for someone who loves to make alcoholic beverages. All you need is tea, sugar, lemon, and yeast as primary ingredients for this beverage. You can also add some flavors for a sweet fizzy taste.
To make this beverage, you need to mix all the ingredients properly in a big jar and serve it cold in glasses.
As twisted tea contains 4-5% of alcohol, so you may get drunk. But it contains very less % of alcohol as compared to other hard liquors such as whisky, rum, or vodka; so you likely not get drunk off just taking one or two of this tea.
A 12 oz twisted can contains 23.3 grams of sugar and a 24 oz “Twisted Tea Half & Half Can” contains 46.6 grams of sugar. But twisted tea light contains a very less amount of sugar as compared to usual twisted tea. A 12 oz of twisted tea light has only 6.2 grams of sugar
Leave a Reply