The Classic Green Tea Shot popularly known as “Jameson Green Tea” or “Jameson Whiskey Shot” is a whiskey-based cocktail with a balance of sour-sweet taste.
Nowadays it is one of the most popular shots as per bar data. Most people enjoy it as a party drink or a summertime refreshing drink. You can make this drink easily at home and share it with your friends.
IS THERE ANY GREEN TEA IN THE GREEN TEA SHOT?
It is pretty surprising that a Green Tea Shot is not a green tea recipe and it does not contain the antioxidants as green tea. It is actually the light greenish-yellow color of this cocktail that makes it look very similar to Green Tea.
So we don’t need Green tea to make this cocktail. It is purely a mixture of alcohol and lime soda which taste sweet and sour at the same time. It is mainly consumed in the summertime as the Jameson Green Tea gives a refreshing taste.
KNOW ABOUT THE INGREDIENTS
A classic Jameson Green Tea is an alcohol-based cocktail specially made with four simple ingredients –
- Jameson Irish Whiskey
- Sour Mix
- Peach Schnapps
- Lemon- Lime Soda or Lemonade
Jameson is a leading brand in the Irish whiskey market and the Green Tea Shot was firstly invented by the Jameson whiskey company, so it is widely known as Jameson Green Tea based on its origin.
But it is not necessary to use only Jameson Irish whiskey; you can also use your favorite Japanese, Irish or American whiskey as its primary ingredient.
MAKING YOUR OWN SOUR MIX AT HOME
The Sour mix gives an excellent taste of sweet and sour in this shot drink. But sometimes the store-bought sour mix found to be sweeter. So you can make your own at home. All you need is following:
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- Place the sugar and water in a pan and simmer it until the sugar is dissolved.
- Cool down the syrup at room temperature.
- Combine the common syrup, lemon juice, lime juice, and add a pinch of salt.
- Transfer the sour mix into a jar and refrigerate for up to 10 days before use for a better taste.
CAN I USE IT AS A FULL COCKTAIL DRINK
I would not like to recommend it as a quick cocktail shooter. As it is full of refreshments, one can enjoy it more by sipping it exactly like green tea. The ice and lime soda makes your throat chill and a shot glass contains not more than 2 ounces, so you can have one shot in 4-5 pleasant sips.
GREEN TEA VS WHITE TEA SHOT
A white tea shot is similar to a green tea cocktail but vodka is used instead of Jameson Irish whiskey. All the other ingredients are identical. The taste is also slightly different, white tea shot is more sweeter and less sour than the Jameson green tea.
EQUIPMENTS TO USE WHILE MAKING THE COCKTAIL
INGREDIENTS FOR JAMESON GREEN TEA
- 1/2 ounce (15 ml) Jameson Irish whiskey
- 1/2 ounce (15 ml) Peach Schnapps
- 1/2 ounce (15 ml) sour mix (15 ml)
- Splash of Lemon-Lime Soda or Sprite
- Some Ice Cubes
This amount of ingredients is standard and can be made four cocktail shots.
HOW TO MAKE A GREEN TEA SHOT
Arrange a cocktail shaker and pour the Jameson Iris whiskey, peach schnapps, and sour mix into it. The ratio of these three ingredients should be 1:1:1. Shake the cocktail shaker for 10 minutes to mix up these ingredients.
Take 3-4 ice cubes in each shot glass and pour the mixture into it from the cocktail shaker.
Topping it with any lime soda or sprite and garnish with a lime wage. Enjoy the drink!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The color of this shot drink is greenish-yellow and looks exactly like green tea. Hence it is called by this name. It is also known as Jameson Green Tea because it was originally created by Jameson, an Irish whiskey company.
This shot cocktail is sweet, bright, and peachy with the taste of whiskey to warm up the back of the throat. It is very easy to drink and won’t get you drunk since a shot contains only 1 ounce of alcohol.
It soothes sensitive taste buds. It makes alcohol palatable.
MORE SHOT RECIPES
Green Tea Shot
- ½ ounce Jameson Irish whiskey
- ½ ounce Peach Schnapps
- ½ ounce sour mix
- lemon-lime soda or sprite for topping
- some ice cubes
- lemon wage for garnishing
- Combine the whiskey, peach schnapps and sour mix in a cocktail shaker .
- Shake for about 10 seconds to mix all the ingredients.
- Put 1-2 ice cubes in each shot glasses and then pour the mixture.
- Add some sprite or any other lime-soda to have a chilling taste.
- Use lemon slice at the top of shot glasses to make the beverage a little more sour and fizzy.
- Garnish with a lemon wage and enjoy!