Chicken liver in sherry is a very popular Spanish chicken dish. This recipe makes with a few spices and sherry. I am sure you will try this liver recipe after reading this blog.
Ingredients for cooking
- 500 grams chicken livers
- 2 small size onions (finely chopped)
- finely chopped garlic 1 tbsp
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- all-purpose flour 1 tbsp
- sherry 160 ml
- water 100 ml
- 1 small size tomato (finely chopped or paste)
- salt as per taste
- black pepper 1 tbsp
Explore our other chicken recipes
- Crispy Chicken Liver Recipe
- Fried Chicken Liver Recipe – Easy Sauteed Chicken Liver
- Chicken Liver Curry
- Cut chicken livers1 into medium size and wash them well.
- Take a medium size saucepan and heat 2 tbsp oil in it. Add chopped onion and garlic and stir continuously. Fry them until they are soft (this may take 8-12 minutes depends on flame) then remove from the saucepan and keep on a pot. Try to fry this with low flame so that they can’t turn red.
- Add another 2 tbsp oil in the frying pan and heat with high flame. After enough heating the oil add chicken livers and regulate the flame to medium. Fry them up to 8-10 minutes then remove and keep on a pan.
- Take the fried onion and garlic to the saucepan then sprinkle the all-purpose flour and stir for two minutes. Add the sherry, water, and chopped tomato. Stir them constantly until they turn like a thick sauce.
- Return the livers to the saucepan, add salt and black pepper powder and stir. Close the frying pan by lid and cook them up to 8-10 minutes. Turn off the flame and remove them to serve. You may serve it as a main dish or with bread.
- Remember, cooking time may little differ as per flame temperature.
Leave a Reply