A ribeye steak is a prime cut of beef that is known for its rich flavor and tenderness. It is a very popular cut of meat, and is known for being extremely flavorful and tender. If you cook it properly, a rib-eye steak can be really delicious and tasty.
There are a few different ways to cook it, but one of the most popular ways is to cook ribeye steak in a frying pan. This way is very simple and needs only a few minutes of cooking time. If you want to cook the perfect rib-eye steak every time, you should use a frying pan with a lid that can seal in moisture and heat.
To cook rib-eye steak in a frying pan, it is crucial to use the right amount of heat. Too much heat will cause the steak to become tough, while too little heat will result in a raw or undercooked steak. To know the proper heat of the internal meat, you can use a meat thermometer.
In this article, we will share how to cook rib-eye steak in a frying pan and give you some tips and tricks to cook it in a perfect way. You can use here wagyu beef steak.
Tips & Tricks To Cook Perfect Rib-Eye Steak In A Frying Pan
When it comes to cooking perfect ribeye steak, there are a few tips that can help make your meal more enjoyable. Let’s discuss the tips below:
- To cook rib-eye steak evenly and wonderfully, you must bring it to room temperature before cooking it. It will avoid the steak becoming raw and uneven cooking.
- Seasoning should be done 5 minutes before cooking. It will keep moisture. So, apply salt and other seasonings just before you start cooking.
- Preheat your pan before adding oil. This will help prevent the steak from sticking and make sure that it cooks evenly.
- After adding oil, make sure the oil is really hot, like smokey hot. I prefer olive oil for this. Because it has a strong smoke point.
- Don’t crowd your frying pan with rib-eye steaks. If you want to cook more than one steak, you can use multiple pans or cook one steak after another.
- Cook your steak over medium-high heat until it is stir-fried on both sides and reaches an internal temperature of 125 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Be sure to turn your steak often so that it cooks evenly. If you cook it too long at one spot, the steak will become tough and dry.
- When your steak is cooked to your liking, let it rest for a few minutes before cutting. This will allow the juices to redistribute and make the steak even more delicious.
Pan Fried Ribeye Steak Recipe
- 1 Heavy Bottom frying pan or skillet
- 1 thick ribeye steak
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 garlic clove
- Some Thyme leaves
- Firstly, if you stored the rib eye steak in the refrigerator, take it out of the fridge half an hour before you start cooking. Wait until it comes to room temperature. It is a very important step to cook perfect ribeye steak.
- The rib eye steak should be around 1 inch to 3 inches thick. Thick steaks have lots of marbling which makes it moist and flavorful on the inside. Now you need to decide what kind of steak you would like, whether you want rare, medium rare or well-done steak.
- Next, heat a medium to large frying pan before adding olive oil. If you want to cook two rib-eye steaks, you must use a large frying pan or you can use 2 pans. But don't overcrowd the pan or you will have uneven cooking.When it's time to cook the ribeye steak, heat up a pan and coat it with olive oil before adding your steak.
- In the meantime, season your rib eye steak generously with salt and pepper or any other seasonings of your choice. Rub both sides of the steak well with seasonings. Remember, seasoning is the key when it comes to cooking a great-tasting steak.
- Next, add your rib eye steak to the frying pan when the pan is smoking hot and cook each side of the steak for 3-5 minutes on medium-high heat, depending on the thickness of the steak and how you like your steak cooked.
- If your rib eye steak is 3cm thick, it should be cooked for 5 minutes for medium rare while 3 minutes is enough for 2cm thick rib eye steak. You can use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the steak. It requires 50°C for rare, 60°C for medium rare and 70°C for well-cooked.
- Lastly, add the butter with the garlic and thyme leaves when rotating the ribeye steaks and let it melt.
- Once your rib-eye steak is cooked, remove it from the pan and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing it. This will help all of those juices stay locked inside the meat so that you can enjoy every last bite.
Cooking rib-eye steak in a frying pan is a great way to enjoy this delicious cut of meat without having fuss with a grill or oven. Simply heat some oil in the pan and add the steak, Cook it until well-done on both sides.
Serve your steak cooked to your preferred level of doneness, accompanied by some herbs and garlic if desired.
So after reading this article, you get the answer to how to cook ribeye steak in a frying pan and we also discuss some tips to make your rib eye steak more delicious and tenderful.