Grilled Tuna Steak is an easy and tasty recipe, you can enjoy it anytime by cooking it within minutes. Tuna steaks are cut from the loin ( waist area) of the tuna fish. It contains a lot of nutrients and is cost-efficient.
All the process of making this delicious dish is in this recipe. So take a deep look at this recipe and make this appetizer yourself.
Health Benefits of Grilled Tuna Steaks:-
- While cooking tuna steaks, we don’t use a lot of oil or a very high-temperature, long-time cooking method. So it is quite obvious that grilled tuna steaks have almost all the nutrients similar to tuna fish.
- Tuna fish contains a huge amount of Omega-3 fatty acids that help reduce LDL cholesterol and the chances of heart attacks. It prevents the formation of blood clots, which are responsible for strokes.
- Tuna steaks are packed with high protein levels that may be helpful for bodybuilding and other sports, where higher protein consumption is needed.
- Tuna steaks are great for better blood circulation in our bodies.
- Tuna is very good for eye health as omega-3 acids prevent the dry-eye syndrome, but grilling is a process where you can’t get all the nutrients.
- Surprisingly, Tuna may also help reduce the chances of various types of cancer, most commonly breast cancer.
- Tuna fish is rich in protein and low in calories, so it helps in weight loss.
- Tuna steaks are helpful for diabetes patients as omega-3 fatty acids help maintain insulin levels in our bodies.
- Tuna fishes are mood boosters.
There is a long list of health benefits of consuming tuna fish, but one should not eat them more than twice a week as tuna fish contains higher levels of mercury. Too much mercury consumption can lead to memory loss and brain cell death. So it is necessary to eat tuna in moderation to enjoy the health benefits it provides.
Serving Suggestions For Grilled Tuna Steaks:-
After grilling the steaks, rest for at least 10 minutes and then serve them. You can also serve it with salads, brown rice, fried green beans, or roasted lemon potatoes. There are a few more side dishes, you can try with grilled tuna steaks.
Frequently Asked Questions
The higher levels of omega-3 fatty acids in tuna fish may help reduce the chances of heart disease and strokes. It reduces LDL cholesterol levels in our body and prevents the formation of blood clots.
Among all the species, canned light tuna has very low mercury, but you can also have canned white and yellow-fin tuna.
If a tuna steak is pink in the middle, it will taste flavorful and tender. If cooked for a longer time, tuna steaks will get dry and hard quickly.
More Fish Recipes
Grilled Tuna Steaks Recipe
- A grill
- grill brush
- 4 Tuna Steaks, about 4-8 ounces (115-225 grams) each, and 1 to 2 inches thick
- 1½ tbsp Olive oil for oiling the steaks
- ⅓ tsp Kosher salt
- ⅓ tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 minced garlic cloves (optional)
- 1. Marinate the tuna steaks with the mixture of lemon juice, oil, and garlic and keep them in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grills to a high temperature for at least 5 minutes and oil the grilling grate for non-sticky quick tuna steaks.
- Before grilling, dry the steaks with a paper towel to remove extra marinades and moisture. It will help tuna steaks to be ready soon.
- Oil these steaks on both sides and sprinkle salt and black paper over them before putting them on the grilling grate.
- Cook the steaks on both sides for approx 3-5 minutes for a soft pink-colored center. If you cook it longer, the steaks will be dry and hard.