Salmon fish is one of the best foods for those, who want to eat healthily and live long. The grilled salmon fillet recipe is a tastier version of salmon fish, where you can enjoy a soft, juicy, and tender taste with a lot of nutrients.
Grilling salmon is not as tough as most people assume. The whole process of grilling is within 4-5 easy steps. This recipe will help you make grilled salmon fillets at home with great ease and in a short time.
The Desired Temperature For Grilling The Salmon Fillets:-
Salmon fillets should be grilled on medium heat (about 350-400 F). The total process of grilling should not be more than 12 minutes as overcooking will make the salmon hard and dry.
Side Dishes to Serve With Salmon:-
There are more than 20 dishes, you can serve with grilled salmon. Before checkout the below list you may taste vitamin-rich Salmon roe also. Some best side dishes are given below:
- Lemon Butter Pasta
- Lemon Kale Salad
- Coconut Rice
- Mashed potatoes
- Cilantro Lime Rice
Equipment You Will Need:-
There are not a lot of pieces of equipment that we need while cooking grilled salmon fillets. The necessary pieces of equipment are given below:-
Grill, grill brush, grilling spatula, charcoal chimney starter, and an instant-read thermometer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Grilling a salmon takes very less time as we cook it at a high temperature. The skin of the salmon protects the inner soft part from being burnt and loose the tender, juicy taste. It also provides a crispy and crunchy flavor to the grilled salmon. So it is preferable to not remove the skin of salmon while grilling.
The skin side of salmon should be grilled first as this side is expected to be crispy and that’s why we cook the skin side for a longer time than the opposite soft side.
More Fish Recipes
Grilled Salmon Fillet
- Brush for oiling
- 4 Center-cut, skin-on fillets, about 6 to 8 ounces each (170-225 g)
- ⅓ tsp Lemon pepper
- ⅓ tsp Garlic powder
- ⅓ tsp black pepper powder
- ¼ tsp Kosher Salt
- ⅓ tsp Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil (preferably extra-virgin olive oilor grape seed oil).
Process of Marination
- Mix all the ingredients available as marinades in a bowl in a significant amount. Dip the fillets inside the mixture and make sure that they coat properly with marinades.
- Afterward, put this whole mixture of marinated fillets in a refrigerator for at least 2 hours before grilling.
How to Grill Salmon Fillet
- Marinade the salmon with perfect ingredients for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill to a high temperature for atleast 5 minutes. Oil the grilling grate for easy cooking.
- Dry the salmon fillets with paper towels toremove extra moisture and marinades. It will help grill fast. Brush oil overall the fillets.
- Before cooking fillets, season them with salt, and pepper.
- Now put the skin side of the salmon down on the hot side of the grill. Cook them for not more than 6-8minutes. Turn the side of the salmon fillets and cook them until they turn light brown in color. Most often it does not take more than 2-3 minutes.
- Do not flip the fillets more than once because there is no requirement of doing so.
- You can also use an instant-read thermometer to avoid over-cooking as it can ruin the juicy, tender taste of salmon.