Grilled Bluefish is a tasteful yet straightforward and quick way to enjoy seafood. It is loaded with nutrients and has a rich fishy flavor. Plus, grilling the whole fish is super easy. You can cook it in no more than 20 minutes.
Bluefish is a type of fish that is found almost all around the world. It is found in subtropical and temperate waters almost worldwide except in northern parts of the Pacific Ocean. Bluefish is widely loved and is readily available in every fish store. You can go for both fresh and frozen fish. Bluefish is a vast category and several types of fish come under its umbrella.
However, the one type that is generally termed Bluefish is easily available almost everywhere. Bluefish is versatile. However, cooking the whole bluefish is not just convenient but is very tasteful as well.
About Grilled Bluefish Recipe
The best thing about whole grilled Bluefish is that you can marinate it just the way you like. You can season it with salt and pepper and enjoy the prominent seafood flavor. Furthermore, you can marinate it with spices, herbs, and lemon juice to intensify the flavors. Serve it with fresh salads and dip and enjoy the rich fishy flavor. Most people like to bake or poach it, but whole grilled Bluefish is another level completely.
Here is a simple yet delicious whole grilled bluefish recipe for you to try.
Is Bluefish Good for Health?
Just like any other fish, Bluefish is loaded with nutrients and vitamins. This fish is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, and minerals. Moreover, it is also loaded with niacin and selenium. Also, Bluefish is rich in vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin B6, and B12, vitamin D, and vitamin E. In short, Bluefish is very healthy. However, as a word of caution, Bluefish is slightly high in mercury. As a result, it is advised to consume it in moderate amounts.
How to Make a Whole Grilled Bluefish?
Making whole grilled fish is very easy. You can marinate it the way you want and grill it on a griller. Most people season it with salt and pepper and grill it. However, to store the moisture in the fish and prevent it from drying out, I marinate it with a mixture of mayonnaise and Dijon mustard. The two ingredients add flavor and keep the fish moist and tasteful. Grill it at 350-degree F for about 10 minutes on each side, or until you get the char, you are looking for. You can also wrap it in aluminum foil to make it moister.
Is Bluefish tasteful?
Bluefish has a very fishy flavor. The flavor is intense in its skin. However, the meat is moist, and you can get flakes of white meat goodness. There are many ways you can enjoy Bluefish. You can eat it raw or in grilled, poached, or baked form. In short, the fish is very tasteful.
Whole Grilled Bluefish With Mayonnaise
- 1 Grill
- 1 Whole bluefish, scaled and insides removed
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 Lemon juice
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Pat the Bluefish dry. Make sure the scales are removed, and the inside is clean.
- Apply olive oil on fish with a brush or with the help of a spray.
- Season the fish generously with salt.
- In a bowl, add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, red chili flakes, lemon juice, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Brush the mayonnaise mixture on and inside the bluefish flesh. Mayonnaise helps to store moisture in the fish.
- Preheat the grill to 350-degree F. You can use a coal, electric, or gas grill.
- Brush the grill with oil and place the fish on it. Cook for about 8 minutes on one side, then flip the fish to cook on the other side for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Once the fish is cooked through, take it off the grill and serve with a fresh garden salad. Enjoy!