Air fryer potato wedges are a tastier and healthier way to enjoy your side meal. These air fryer potato wedges are crispy on the outside and tender and soft on the inside. This recipe will help you make this tasty appetizer real quick and easy.
If you are a health-conscious person, an air fryer is best to fry potato wedges with less oil. As it needs a very less amount of oil, so obviously it is a healthy veg recipe compared to deep fry.
Difference Between Potato Fries and Potato Wedges
Fries are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, similar to potato wedges. So it is obvious that most people get confused between fries and potato wedges and whom to choose as a snack.
The most common difference between these two appetizers is the process of making. Fries are not the right option if you are a health-conscious person as it is deep fried in canola oil. On the other half, air-fryer recipes like air fryer potato wedges are baked in a very little amount of extra-virgin olive oil.
Fries are usually cut in stripes but wedges are sliced radially around the potatoes.
How to Cut Potatoes into Wedges
Thoroughly rinse and scrub the outer surface of the potato. No need to peel off its outer layer as it adds more crispness to the appetizer.
Cut the potato in half along with its length. Now slice each part of the potato in another half. Repeat the process to get perfect wedges. This process depends on the size of the potato.
Health Benefits of Air Fryer Potato Wedges
As a snack, potato wedges are much healthier than the other alternatives such as french fries, onion snacks or fried chicken. There is very oil used while cooking this appetizer, so you can get almost all the nutrients of potato. It is rich in fiber that will help with weight loss, and prevent heart disease by controlling cholesterol and blood sugar.
Air fryer potato wedges can be served as a side meal with burgers, pasta, or sandwiches. You can also enjoy this veg appetizer with your favorite dipping sauce like vegan french onion dip like vegan french onion dip. There is a huge list of sauces that you can have with wedges. I use tomato and chili sauce for dipping.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Potato Wedges Recipe
- Potatoes:- Russet potatoes are great for wedges as they contain high starch quantity. Red potatoes are also good for this recipe.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil:- Oil is necessary to provide the crisp to the wedges in the air fryer. Olive oil is the most suitable option as it is one of the healthiest oils available. You can also use avocado oil or any other oil with a higher smoke point.
- Spices:- Potato wedges must be seasoned with various spices such as garlic, paprika, salt, red chili powder, and black pepper. You can also add some extra spices for a fresh taste.
Process of Making Potato Wedges in The Air Fryer
- Cut the potatoes into wedges and soak them in cold water for up to 30 minutes. You can also put a few ice cubs in the bowl. Soaking in the water adds more crispness. After this drain potatoes and make them dry with a paper towel.
- Put them in the bowl, and add a small amount of extra-virgin olive oil and seasoning spices. Toss gently to coat. You can also add some cornflour to increase the crispness.
- Put the coated potatoes in the air fryer basket and air fry at 200-degree centigrade. Fry it for 15-20 minutes. You can reduce or increase the timing of air fry and it depends on which potato you use for making wedges.
How to Store These Potato Wedges?
Allow the wedges to cool down before storage. Put the wedges in an air-tight container and place the container in the fridge. You can store them for almost 4-5 days. Before eating them, don’t forget to reheat them as they will maintain the crispness of potato wedges.
Soaking the wedges in cold water helps to reduce excess starch and prevents it from sticking together or in the pot and this makes the wedges crispier.
As mentioned above, cooking potato wedges in an air fryer needs a very small amount of oil. That’s why wedges are a healthier option than other snacks.
Air Fryer Potato Wedges Recipe
- Air fryer
- mixing bowl
- Cutting board
- 2 Medium russet potatoes scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ⅓ tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- Take two medium size russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut them into wedges. Make one potato into eight wedges. Put them into ice-cooled water for soaking up to 30 minutes. Soaking helps to make the wedges crispier.
- Next, Drain the potatoes.
- Put the potato wedges in a mixing bowl, add some olive oil and seasoning spices. Toss the potatoes to coat with oil and spices.
- Spray some oil on the air fryer basket and put the potatoes in it.
- Preheat the air fryer at 400°F and set the cooking time for 10 minutes. Fry the potato wedges for 10 minutes then flip them and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Now the air-fried potato wedges are ready to serve. Enjoy the potato wedges dipping into your favorite sauces.
Leave a Reply