If someone asks you about fruits that start with A, there is a lot more chance that you can’t name more fruits but Apple, Avocado, and Amla. You must not know, but there is a big count of fruits starting with the letter A.
So if you love eating fruits and want to add more fruits to your diet, I will provide you with a proper list of nutritious fruits starting with the letter A. You can teach these “a for fruits names” of your children. It will surely enhance your knowledge about fruits and inspire you to live a healthy life. Read the complete article below.
List of Fruits That Starts With A
Here is the list of 45 fruits that start with a, for you or your child to learn.
- Apple Berry
- Apple Guava
- African Star Apple
- Alligator Apple/AnnonaAlligator Apple/Annona
- Apple Rose
- Asian Pear
- African Bird Pepper
- African Horned Cucumber
- Acai PalmAcai Palm
- Acerola Cherries
- Alpine Strawberry
- Amaou Strawberry
- Acorn Squash
- Alphonso Mango
- African Cherry Orange
- African Breadfruit
- Ambrosia Melon
- Anchovy Pear
- Adam Pearmain Apple
- Arava Melon
- Atherton Raspberry
- Australian Finger Lime
1. Apple:- The first fruit that begins with the letter a is apple. Apple is one of those fruits almost everyone would have tasted. It is also known as one of the most nutritious fruits available on earth. It originated in Central Asia but now the Apple trees are grown on almost every continent and eaten worldwide.
2. Apple Berry:- Apple Berry is a delicious fruit native to Australian grounds but due to its adaptive nature to different environmental conditions, it can be grown anywhere in the world.
3. Apple Guava:- Apple guava is another fruit that begins with a. Apple Guava is a variety of Guava mostly found in Central and South America and Mexico. It is rich in Vitamin A and Vitamin C and people enjoy eating this fruit when it is raw.
4. African Star Apple:- African Star Apple is mostly found in African countries such as Nigeria, Togo, and Ghana. There are seeds inside the fruit in a star formation when it’s being cut on a cross-section. The fruit is rich in antioxidants, vitamins especially Vitamin A and C, minerals, and dietary fiber.
5. Alligator Apple/Annona:- Alligator Apple, also known as Annona Apple, pond apple, swamp apple, monkey apple, etc. is a native fruit of the Caribbean, Central and South America, and South Asia. Its name came out of the fact that alligators love eating this fruit very much.
6. Avocado:- The next fruit name that starts with the letter a is avocado. Avocado is also well known as Alligator pear. Its shape is very similar to the pear and its greenish rough and hard peel makes it seem like an alligator. Avocado contains a lot of nutrients such as Vitamin A, thiamin, and dietary fibers.
7. Almond:- It’s probably hard to believe that almond is a fruit because all we know is that it’s a nut and we consume it as a snack. Middle-East people often eat green almonds as fruit before they get hardened and form a nut.
8. Aubergines:- If you get surprised after knowing the fact about almonds, there is one more waiting for you. Aubergines, popularly known as Brinjal in Asia and Eggplant in America, is a fruit. I think there is a certain reason why we don’t know about it because we usually eat it after cooking and not raw as other fruits.
9. Apple Rose:- Our next “a for fruit name” is apple rose. Apple Rose or Rose Apple is an oval-shaped fruit with a decent smell like a rose. Apple roses are eaten raw or cooked and are also used in jams, jellies, sauces, and beverages.
10. Asian Pear:- Asian pear is native to East Asia. There are a lot of names for it such as Korean pear, Japanese pear, Chinese Pear, Apple pear, Zodiac pear, and Taiwanese pear. Now they are being cultivated throughout Asia, Australia, Cyprus, and elsewhere. It gives a juicy, delicious, and crispy taste.
11. Ashwagandha:- Ashwagandha is originated in India and popularly known as winter cherry, and Indian ginseng. It is widely used in Ayurveda as medicine and now people use it as a supplement all over the world.
12. Apricot:- Apricot is another fruit that starts with the letter a. Apricot is a small, round-shaped fruit with a delicious taste. It has antioxidants that help prevent asthma, cough, constipation, and eye inflammation. This fruit is also a part of Chinese medicine
13. Argan:- Argan is another fruit that starts with A. Argan is well known for its oil. It is native to Morocco. Argan gives a sweet and nutty taste when it’s included in foods. Argan oil is good for skin and hair health.
14. Amla:- Amla is native to India and is also known as Indian gooseberry. In Ayurveda, this fruit is used as a herb because of its extraordinary qualities. It is very good for hair health. It has a mixture of sour and bitter tastes. It also helps prevent coughs, and lower blood sugar, cancer, and heart diseases.
15. Alupag:- Alupag is a close relative of Litchi and it is native to the Philippines and Malaysia. Alupag is full of vitamins with a juicy sweet taste.
16. Abiu:- Abiu is native to South America especially found in Colombia, Brazil, and Peru. Abiu is a fruit that looks similar to Star Apple and is also known by several names such as Caimito Amarillo, caido, and luma.
17. Abiurana:- The Abiurana fruit is similar to Abiu, but it is round in shape. It is also native to South America, especially Brazil. Abiurana trees can reach up to 40 feet. Its fruit has a yellow color similar to Abiu and sweet white flesh inside.
18. African Bird Pepper:- The pepper is also known as Cayenne pepper. African bird pepper is native to Africa and it’s a good source of vitamins A and C and lots of antioxidants.
19. African Horned Cucumber:- African horned cucumber, also known as kiwano or horned melon is yellow oval-shaped fruit with small spines on its outer surface. When it is raw, it tastes like a cucumber.
20. Acai Palm:- Acai Palm is the next fruit that begins with the letter A. The Acai Palm is an oval-shaped purple-colored fruit of a palm tree native to Central and South America. Acai palm is being consumed because of its nutritious value. Americans eat this as fruit, juice, and vegetables.
21. Acerola Cherries:- Acerola is native to Central and South America, Mexico, and the Caribbean. Acerola is different from other cherries, as it’s very sour in taste and contains a high amount of Vitamin C. After being ripened, it tastes delicious and juicy.
22. Alpine Strawberry:- Alpine Strawberry is a native fruit of Asia and Europe. It seems very dry but contains a juicy taste.
23. Annatto:- Annatto is native to South American countries such as Mexico and Brazil. Annatto is an orange-red fruit with a nutty and sweet taste. It is commonly used in foods to provide a bright yellowish or orange color. It is also used as medicine to prevent several insects and sunburn.
24. Amaou Strawberry:- Amaou Strawberry is native to Japan. It looks big and round with a bright red color. In Japan, people use it in different dishes and give others as gifts.
25. Ackee:- Ackee is another fruit starting with a. Ackee, also known as Ackee Apple, is native to West Africa. In the process of ripeness, it changes its color from green to bright red to yellow-orange.
26. Ambarella:- Ambarella, mostly known as the June plum, is native to Sri Lanka and is also found in Melanesia and Polynesia. It has a crunchy texture and a slightly sour taste. Ambarella is rich in Vitamin C. People in Southeast Asia eat this fruit with salt and spices.
27. Acorn Squash:- Acorn Squash, mostly used as a vegetable, is a fruit that looks similar to pumpkin.
28. Alphonso Mango:- Alphonso Mango is one of the finest varieties of mango. It originated in India and is now grown in various countries. It is one of the sweetest mangoes of all.
29. African Cherry Orange:- African cherry orange, a native fruit of Central and Western Africa is a citrus fruit. This fruit contains a large amount of vitamins A, C, iron, and minerals. It is also used as medicine in Africa.
30. African Breadfruit:- African Breadfruit is a tropical fruit found in Central and West Africa. It is also known as a super-food because of its higher nutritious value. It has a few similarities to jackfruit, figs, and bread-nut. It is very famous in Nigeria as native people enjoy this fruit in various ways. African Breadfruit contains vitamins, minerals, protein, dietary fibers, carbohydrates, folic acid, and healthy oils. Its seeds are so nutritious that various companies make oil and flour from its seeds.
31. Arrayan:- Arrayan is indigenous to Mexico. Now it can be found in different countries in Central and South America. In the process of being ripened, it changes its color from green to yellow. Arrayan fruit is a very small, round-shaped fruit with 1 to 5 yellow seeds in each fruit. It contains a lot of antioxidants which make this fruit very much preferable in terms of nutrients. Arrayan fruit has a sweet-sour taste and one can this fruit in various ways.
32. Araza:- Araza is a green fruit native to South America, especially the western part of the Amazon basin. This fruit is very acidic having a score of 2.4 on the pH scale. Besides a large amount of Vitamin C, it also contains protein, fiber, potassium, zinc, nitrogen, calcium, carbohydrates, phosphorus, and magnesium.
33. Amara:- Amara fruits are indigenous to the West Indies, tropical America and also some parts of Asia. Besides the fruit flesh, its seeds are also used because they contain a higher amount of edible oil. Some also use its leaves to make tea.
34. Ambrosia Melon:- Next “a for fruit name” is Ambrosia melon. Ambrosia melon is native to Persia and Western Asia. There is a large amount of vitamins A and C in this sweet fruit.
35. Amra:- Amra, mostly known as the Indian Hog Plum, is a sour fruit. It contains a huge amount of Vitamin C. It changes its color from green to yellow while the process of ripening. In India, people make a pickle of it. Amra has a lot of nutrients that improvise human health. It is also in use as medicine.
36. Amanastu:- Amanastu is native to Japan. It is a variety of Orange which is famous in Japan. This fruit contains various nutrients such as Vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, and Vitamin B1.
37. Anchovy Pear:- Anchovy Pear is indigenous to West Indies. It looks like a pear and provides a taste a little similar to mango. This fruit is rich in Vitamin C and is good for eye health.
38. Adam Pearmain Apple:- Adam Pearmain Apple is one of the most popular varieties of apple in Victorian England. The name comes with its ‘Pearmain’ shape. It has a sweet and tangy flavor.
39. Arava Melon:- Arava melons are aromatic, delicious, and sweet with tropical flavors. Arava melons are a hybrid of Galia melons, originated in 1970 in Israel by breeder Zvi Karchi.
40. Ausubo:- Ausubo is the next fruit that starts with a. Ausubo is the fruit of the balata trees and is indigenous to the Caribbean. There are lots of health benefits of this fruit. The balata tree is also very popular for its high-quality timber, mostly used in making furniture.
41. Atherton Raspberry:- Atherton raspberries are native to Australia and Papua New Guinea. This little red fruit grows quickly in warm climates. People use this fruit in making jams, and salad.
42. Akebia:- Akebia is a wild fruit found in Asia. It has purple skin and lighter flesh. It tastes like a mixture of banana, and lychee. People eat akebia in both ways- raw and cooked.
43. Azarole:- Azarole is a berry native to Southern Europe. It tastes a little similar to apples and is rich in Vitamin A.
44. Australian Finger Lime:- The fruit is also known as Citrus Australasia. This tree grows on the east coast and in the rainforest of Australia. There are a lot of colors of this fruit such as red, yellow, brown, and black.
45. Araca-boi:- In the list the last fruit that begins with starts a is araca-boi. Araca-boi is a large fruit that looks like guava with a yellowish color. This fruit is native to Brazil and is rich in Vitamin C.