Having used air fryers from both brands, I know how confusing it is to choose one over the other because they are both incredible! Power XL and Ninja are household names in the kitchen appliance space. Both companies provide comparable items with similar price points.
However, there are differences between them, which you should keep in mind to help you decide which one to buy.
We have taken a closer look at Power XL and Ninja air fryers to help you understand their features, pros and cons, similarities, and differences.
After going through this guide, choosing which air fryer to use will be a walk in the park.
First, let’s have an overview of these two brands.
Pros and Cons of Power XL Air Fryer
I like Power XL air fryers’ versatility with multiple functions after checking its best 10 models. Its parent company is focused on providing Multifunctional kitchen equipment to customers, such as coffee makers, juicers, and grills. They all have high sales volume on e-commerce platforms and supermarkets.
- It has an automatic shut-off timer for safety purposes.
- It has a digital touchscreen control panel with an elegant look. So you can adjust time and temperature settings with ease.
- It comes with several cooking accessories to make kitchen work easy.
- It has a big enough cooking capacity to fit your entire family.
- It has many cooking functions. So whether you want to bake or roast, you will always get it right.
- It takes up a lot of counter space, making it suitable for people with ample counter space.
- Most of its parts have a metal design that wears off faster and needs replacement in case of any.
- Even if the air fryer capacity is large, it is optimal, so it may not accommodate large foods. You will sometimes need to cook in batches.
- You need to keep an eye on your food to avoid burning as it uses high temperatures to cook.
Pros and Cons of Ninja Air Fryer
The Ninja air fryer is one of the oldest brands; when comparing sales volume on amazon, most of its models have more than 10,000 sales, and the best model has 40,000 sales, which is 10 times more than other brands. Why are they so successful? I think it’s due to their cutting-edge designs and consistent quality.
- It has a more robust heating element, unlike the Power XL air fryer.
- It has a dehydrating function.
- It has automatic cooking presets, making it easy to operate.
- It is extra versatile with a wide temperature range cooking your food in less time.
- It has a digital touchscreen control panel.
- Its design is compatible and can complement well with any kitchen space.
- Unlike the power XL air fryer, it does not have many cooking accessories.
- It does not feature the rotisserie cooking function.
- Although its performance is unbeatable, it does not have as many functions as the power XL air fryer.
9 Comparisons: Power XL Vs. Ninja Air Fryer, Which is Better?
It is hard to tell which appliance is better between the Power XL and Ninja air fryer. Do not worry; we have made it easy for you now. Here are some things to guide you when choosing between the two.
Talking about the Power XL air fryer, you will find that it has preset functions. It means that, besides air frying, you can reheat, bake, sear, toast, broil, grill, and rotisserie.
Also, the Ninja air fryer has preset functions. You can air fry, broil, roast, keep warm, dehydrate, bagel, bake, and toast. So whether you love dehydrating or rotisserie, you will always find the right appliance for you.
The Power XL and Ninja air fryers have great functions to help you elevate your cooking skills. It’s a tie and so it will depend on how crucial dehydrating and rotisserie are to you.
The Power XL air fryer has ample space to rotisserie an entire 10 lb chicken without trouble. And you can prepare about six burgers to six bread slices if it is a flat space.
The Ninja air fryer has enough space to prepare steaks, burgers, air fryer Potato wedges or other similar things. You can also cook nine slices of bread, six big chicken breasts, a thirteen-inch pizza, or nine burgers.
They all have a good cooking capacity, although one is flat while the other is tall. So it will depend on what you prefer. If you have a family gathering or party, Power XL air fryer will save you time and serve you at once.
Power XL has a bigger capacity. If you are cooking for a large family or preparing huge ingredients, the Power XL is ideal. And if your family is small, the Ninja air fryer will serve you best.
But then, what is the role of power in your air fryer, you wonder? So extra power makes your air fryer get hotter fast, even with many ingredients or frozen meals. And it does not alter the temperature setting.
The Power XL air fryers have a power rating of 1500 watts which is good. So with this power rating, you are sure your meals will cook in less time.
Also, the Ninja air fryer has a power rate of 1800 watts beating the Power XL air fryer by far. It means that it takes less time than the Power XL air fryer does. So if you are short on time, the Ninja air fryer will get you done in less time and give more crispier results.
Ninja wins here; it has a higher power rating than Power XL.
Let’s talk about the Power XL air fryer’s control panel. This appliance has three extensive dial functions, temperature and time. The dials are big enough for easy use.
On the other side, the Ninja air fryer has a single dial and many buttons. The dial can control many settings and is more straightforward.
This single dial makes it fashionable and digital, plus more enjoyable to use. So if you love classy kitchen countertops , the Ninja is all you need to add to complement it well.
It’s a tie. Both air fryers are nuanced and accurate, depending on your preference.
The Power XL air fryer comes with a non-stick griddle plate and pan, baking pan, muffin pan, and drip tray.
Also, it features a stainless steel roasting rack, mesh basket, and a recipe book to aid your cooking. Without the racks, you will need to prepare your meals at the base of your oven, causing problems.
The Ninja air fryer also comes with a crumb tray, air fryer basket, nonstick pan, and a wire rack. If you don’t want to break the bank and want to cook more often, the Power XL is ideal.
An air fryer with several accessories is worth having on your countertop because it saves you money for buying extra accessories. And in this case, the Power XL air fryer has more accessories than Ninja.
We all want to be safe when doing kitchen work, so getting an accessory with safety is all you need. Both Power XL and Ninja air fryers have safety features like automatic shut-off.
So you do not need to worry about your food burning or overcooking since it will end upon completion. Also, you will not have to worry when your kid is cooking. You will always have a peaceful mind and even continue with other work in the kitchen.
Although both appliances prioritize safety, the Ninja air fryer is more straightforward and classy.
It is a tie. The Power XL and Ninja air fryer have safety features for a peaceful mind as you do your kitchen work.
Most Power XL are relatively affordable and have many functions saving some dollars.
Also, many Ninja air fryers are expensive and may not be appropriate for a person on a budget.
But sometimes expensive appliances are much better than less expensive ones. So between the Power XL air fryer and the Ninja air fryer, the Ninja appliance is a bit expensive. And even if the Ninja is expensive, its ability will surpass your expectations.
Although the Ninja is expensive, its extra value is better than your price. The Power XL air fryer is a winner with affordable pricing.
Power XL air fryers have a temperature range between 120 and 400 degrees. Also, you can adjust the temperature depending on what you are cooking. And it lowers your cooking time.
On the other hand, Ninja fryers have a wide temperature range of 50 to 450 degrees. It means you can adjust the temperature to match your food for the best result.
If you don’t love spending much in the kitchen and want extra crispy food to serve your family, the Ninja is a good buy.
Ninja air fryers have a wider temperature range than Power XL. Thus you can cook a wide array of foods with a Ninja air fryer and even reduce the cooking time for most foods.
Air fryers feature heating elements at the top that circulates hot air around your food. In other words, the heating element is the heart of the air fryer. An air fryer with an extra powerful heating element gives faster cooking.
The Ninja air fryers have more powerful heating elements than the Power XL air fryers. It means the Ninja air fryer saves more time than the Power XL air fryer.
If you are out of time, an air fryer with a powerful heating element will serve you best. And in this case, the Ninja air fryer is a winner with the more robust heating element.
Similarities of Power XL and Ninja Air Fryer
- Both appliances have digital control panels.
- They both have a similar black color with a glossy end.
- Both appliances have eight multifunctions making them extra versatile.
- The Power XL and Ninja air fryer have an automatic shut-off timer.
- They both have a wide temperature range.
The Difference Between Power XL and Ninja Air Fryer
- The Ninja air fryer allows you to flip up at the end, while the Power XL does not.
- Unlike the Power XL air fryers, with temperatures of up to 400 degrees, the Ninja fryers have up to 450 degrees.
- The Ninja air fryer is more expensive than the Power XL air fryer.
- The heating element of the Ninja air fryer is more powerful than that of the Power XL.
- The Ninja air fryer has a more modern and classy panel than the Power XL.
- The Power XL air fryer has more accessories than the Ninja, which has few accessories.
- The Power XL has an ample cooking space serving five people, while the Ninja air fryer can serve about four people.
The appliances have excellent performance, hence hard to tell which is better. But it will all depend on what you want and your budget.
But air fryers are always healthier than deep fryers. And Powder XL and Ninja both of these two brands promise to lower fat by 75% percent, so which one do you like better?