Eating healthy doesn’t have to be complicated, even for busy individuals. Whether you have a stuffed work routine, need much time to deal with an online paper writing service, or are overwhelmed with any daily challenges, you shouldn’t skip meal time or choose junk food. Explore some nutritious and easy-to-make recipes to maintain a balanced diet while juggling a hectic schedule:
A Mason Jar Salad is a convenient and portable way of preparing and storing a fresh salad in a glass jar, typically a Mason jar. It’s a meal-prep concept that allows you to layer the ingredients in a specific order, keeping them fresh and crisp until you’re ready to eat.
To prepare your perfect Mason Jar Salad you should do the following:
- Put leafy greens of choice (spinach, kale, or mixed greens) at the bottom.
- Add colorful veggies (cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, bell peppers, and shredded carrots).
- Top with preferred protein (grilled chicken, chickpeas, tofu, or boiled eggs).
- Finish with a light dressing.
- Seal the jar and refrigerate. Shake before eating.
You can pack your fridge with jar preps for several meals ahead, take one with you for lunch, or enjoy it outside whenever needed.
A one-pan meal is a type of meal that is cooked entirely in a single pan or baking sheet. It implies arranging all the ingredients on the pan and then roasting or baking them in the oven. The great advance of one-pan meals lies in their simplicity and ease of preparation, making them a popular choice for busy individuals or anyone looking for a quick and hassle-free cooking option.
Use the following recipe to enjoy your one-pan meal:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place salmon fillets on one side of a baking sheet and your preferred chopped vegetables (broccoli, zucchini, asparagus) on the other.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and some herbs (rosemary, thyme, or dill).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the salmon is cooked well and the vegetables are tender.
One-pan-baked salmon with veggies can be a nutritious dinner for you only or a reason to invite a friend in and devour the dish together.
A Quinoa Stir-Fry is a delicious and nutritious dish that combines the goodness of quinoa with a medley of stir-fried vegetables and protein. It’s a healthier twist on the traditional rice-based stir-fry, offering a gluten-free and protein-rich alternative.
To cook this easy but delicious dish, cover several steps:
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet, sauté diced chicken, shrimp, or tofu with garlic and ginger.
- Add stir-fry vegetables (broccoli, bell peppers, snap peas) and cook until tender and crisp.
- Put in the cooked quinoa and season with soy or stir-fry sauce.
This dish is a perfect choice not only for its nutritious features but also for its ingredients that are already prepared for you and only need to be heated up and mixed together for you to get a full-blown meal in no time.
A Greek Yogurt Parfait is a delicious and healthy layered dessert or breakfast option made with Greek yogurt, fresh fruits, and often granola or nuts. It’s a beloved dish that’s not only visually appealing but also offers a combination of creamy, tangy, and sweet flavors, along with various textures.
The recipe comprises two steps only:
- In a tall glass or bowl, layer Greek yogurt with fresh fruits (berries, mango, kiwi) and granola.
- Repeat the layers and top with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
Although it is delicious and easy to prepare, remember that parfait cannot substitute every other meal and won’t keep you full for a long time.
Egg and Veggie Muffins are a nutritious and convenient breakfast option made by baking a mixture of beaten eggs, vegetables, and sometimes cheese or meat in muffin tins. They are mini frittatas or crustless quiches, prepared in individual portions, making them easy to grab and go during busy mornings.
To get the meal ready, do the following:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Whisk eggs in a bowl and add salt, pepper, and herbs (chives, parsley, or basil).
- Grease a muffin tin and put chopped vegetables (spinach, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms) into each cup.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and bake for 15-20 minutes or until set.
You can prepare several portions on the weekends and store them in the fridge ready for a couple of breakfasts or lunches to grab on a busy day.
A Smoothie Bowl is a thicker version of a traditional smoothie that is served in a bowl and topped with various nutritious toppings.
Check out how easy it is to prepare one:
- In a blender, blend frozen mixed berries, a banana, Greek yogurt, and a splash of plant-based milk until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl and top with sliced fresh fruits, granola, chia seeds, and a drizzle of nut butter.
Smoothie bowls are a popular choice for breakfast, as they provide a satisfying and energizing start to the day. But you can prepare and eat them anytime, provided you have fresh ingredients at hand.
These wraps are made with whole grains, which means they contain the entire grain kernel, including the bran, germ, and endosperm. This provides additional nutrients and fiber compared to common wraps.
The recipe is as follows:
- Spread hummus or avocado on a whole-grain wrap.
- Add sliced grilled chicken, turkey, or roasted vegetables.
- Top with leafy greens, cucumber, and tomato slices.
- Roll it up and enjoy a healthy, portable meal.
As long as you have ready ingredients to roll in, whole grain wrap is a fast and nutritious meal.
Remember to stay hydrated with water, herbal teas, or fruit water. Planning and meal prepping in advance can also help you stay on track with your healthy eating habits, even during the busiest of days.