The chicken lollipop is an Indo-Chinese appetizer mostly famous in Indo-Chinese restaurants. Most of the time, People like to have its taste at different occasions such as parties, family functions, and sometimes at dinner with family to enjoy its great taste.
It’s deep fried so it gives you a crunchy taste from the outside and also a hot and sweet juicy taste because a lot of people love to eat Chicken lollipops dipped in Schezwan Sauce or tomato ketchup.
Most people get this appetizer from restaurants but as we all know it’s rare to find good quality food at a restaurant; I’m going to share the recipe and the process to make this appetizer at home. Like any other Indian fried chicken such as chicken pakora, chicken kebab, or chilli chicken it is also very yummy.
I can assure you that my Chicken Lollipop recipe will help you make this snack tastier than that of restaurants.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO COOK CHICKEN LOLLIPOP
It is very easy to cook chicken lollypops at home in the very meantime. So here are the following ingredients, you need to cook this appetizer:
- 500 grams Chicken lollipop
- Oil as needed to fry
- 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon red chili paste
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili vinegar
- Salt as required
- 2 tablespoon corn flour
- 2 tablespoon rice flour
- 1 tablespoon Kashmiri chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- Sugar( Optional)
HOW TO FRENCH CHICKEN WINGLET OR DRUMETTE
If you never cooked Chicken lollypops before, it’s better for you to buy chicken drumette from the store. But if there is no availability of chicken lollipop pieces at the store, you need to french it by yourself.
To french chicken drumette from a chicken wing; you need to cut the wing into 3 parts. The first portion of the chicken wing is called drumette and it’s fairly easy to cook chicken lollipops from drumettes. But if you want, you can also use chicken winglets to make lollipops.
HOW TO SERVE IT PROPERLY
For a crunchy taste,You can have it with some chaat masala sprinkled on it.But if you want to have a juicy taste, you can dip it into green chutney or Schezwan sauce or both of them.
Chicken Lollipop Recipe
- Cast iron skillet
- mixing bowl
- 500 grams Chicken lollipop 1lb
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1½ tsp red chili paste
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- ½ tsp chili vinegar
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- oil for deep fry
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Yogurt(Optional)
- 1 tsp Sugar(Optional)
- In a bowl, mix together red chilli paste, ginger garlic paste, soya sauce, chilli vinegar, and salt.
- Mix it in chicken lollipop pieces and let the chicken marinate in the spice mix for15-20 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together corn flour, rice flour, red chilli powder, Kashmiri chilli powder, salt, and pepper powder and add this mixture to the marinated chicken.
- Shape it as a ball on one side of the chicken winglet or drumette.
- It is better to refrigerate the chicken overnight. Remove the marinated chicken 10 minutes prior to frying.
- Now you can fry or grill the chicken. If you want to grill, maintain a temperature of 240 C for at least 20-22 minutes.
- If you want to fry these lollipops, heat some oil in the pan at 170 C and then fry the chicken at a medium high temperature until it turns into light brown in colour.
- Do not fry it at a very high temperature as it may brown the chicken from the outside without cooking inside.
- When ready to serve, you can fry it at 200 C for just 1 minute for more crispy taste.
- Now your chicken lollipops are cooked. For a juicy hot taste, you can dip it intoSchezwan sauce or homemade spicy sauce.